Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone the pintouts or wire diagram for the MBE 912v2 ecu, just had a search on Google....... but cant find a thing???

Regards
Nick

·
Registered
7,121 Posts
Ask SBD or better still actually MBE.
I've got an MBE967E and gots lots of info (including pin out) from MBE. They're pretty helpfull if you're nice to them.

Was it you who was interested in my 45 TB's? You still interetsed?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi!

I have sent SBD, MBE and QED e-mails regarding this 912 v2 ecu, only QED replied, and told me the V2 was a ignition ecu only and not designed to run a Injection system :mad: but Paul seems to remember that there was a wiring mod which you could used one of the coil inputs to run the injectors set-up a batch sequence but the system only works using single coil and not a wasted spark pack.?????

Does anyone know owt about this mod????

(yep was me asking about the TBs, I sent u a pm)

Regards
Nick

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
555Astra said:
Hi!

I have sent SBD, MBE and QED e-mails regarding this 912 v2 ecu, only QED replied
i'm feeling that. either sbd are extremely busy or just being arrogant. ive asked for some advice the last 2 weeks running, and had no replies, which is a nice feeling after spending nearly 3 grand there over the last couple of years.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi,
I know this post is as old as the hills but I've got a situation at the moment trying to get the car to run correctly its an Astra gte 16v (20xe) running a dizzy , long story short when I was using the car back in 2003 it was running the 912v2 and running perfectly,sold and brought the car back and now it's massively overfueling, the loom seems to be in good order as well as the rest of the wiring, sending the injectors away tomorrow for a check and clean but not totally convinced it's them at fault, fitted a new cts but sti no change, it only starts with fuel down the tb and runs really bad.
Has anyone got the wiring diagram for the ecu to the car loom as I don't know if someone has messed around with it.

If somebody can help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Danny

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi All,

I know this is an old post but was wondering if someone could help, some will know that my car was running the Mbe 912v ecu that used to run like a dream and producing good reliable power, I then sold the car and the new owner said he noticed that only 2 out of the 3 wires on the tps were being used so he soldered back the 3rd wire then the engine never run again it just wouldn't start, long story short he give up at that point and I brought the car back and I couldn’t get it running either so furred a afm on a stock ecu and it started first time and now runs well, if I plug in the 912 it won't start unless I use a lot of easy start then it's massively over fuelling so I'm thinking it might be seeing the wrong signal from the tps as if the fuel position is full open resulting in over fuelling

Can anyone tell me if the 912v2 only needs two wires to be connected at the tps and if so what are they?

This has been chipping away at me so would appreciate any help.

Cheers

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hi!

I have sent SBD, MBE and QED e-mails regarding this 912 v2 ecu, only QED replied, and told me the V2 was a ignition ecu only and not designed to run a Injection system :mad: but Paul seems to remember that there was a wiring mod which you could used one of the coil inputs to run the injectors set-up a batch sequence but the system only works using single coil and not a wasted spark pack.?????

Does anyone know owt about this mod????

(yep was me asking about the TBs, I sent u a pm)

Regards
Nick
Hi Nick,

Did you or anyone else know what this wiring mod is as his could be my problem?

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Do you know if it is a 2D or 3D ECU? A 2D uses only rpm to set the timing and it is basically the full throttle map, a 3D uses the throttle position to calculate part throttle timing curves that add timing where the engine will take it, to improve torque and economy.

If it was fine before, crap after, have you unsoldered the wire in question? Comes to that, what did he solder it to?
The earlier, 2.5. TB had 3 wires, and three states - the first was one outer and the centre, the second was none connected, the third was the other outer and the centre connected.
The first position was idle - basically used for the over-run fuel shutoff, I believe; middle was for most running around with fueling by the MAF; the third was the 'power' mode which, IIRC, added fuelling or maybe went by mapping? Think I have the pin arrangement somewhere - darnit, seem to have deleted it in error.
If he wired it incorrectly, it may be giving a false engine state to the MBE ECU.

The later 2.8 used, I believe, a ground and reference 5V for two connections, with the third a sweep potentiometer used to give the throttle opening position to the ECU - again, could be a wiring fault/state giving the wrong information to the MBE ECU.

That the OEM ECU seems to run correctly suggests it is a problem with the way the MBE is interpreting/receiving the signal - or the wrong type TPS is fitted to the vehicle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts