Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a set of rims (Team dynamics) but i want some good rubber for them

Whenever i pull off on the Gsi Rims and rubber it just sit's on the spot spinning

I want some reeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy sticky rubber cos the torque aint no good unless i keep the wheels on the floor!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
672 Posts
There is a Yoko track tyre that is (just) road legal. Its effectively a slick, with about five grooves in it. The sort of tyre that may be illegal if you get a copper who didn't get laid the night before.

They're designed for track days, so you can actually get there and back aswell. I've seen them most commonly on Caterhams and Westfields. If I remember what they're called, I'll put up a second post.

Just a thought though, hows your suspension? If your suspension can't hold the tyres down, they will start skipping.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
try going easy on the throttle, there are people with the same or more torque than you that have no problem getting traction, myself included. I'm thinking of people like cemesis, high powered FWD.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
im impressed with the BF Goodrich ive recently had fitted
much better than anything else ive had in the past.
good price too

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
0ddball said:
try going easy on the throttle, there are people with the same or more torque than you that have no problem getting traction, myself included. I'm thinking of people like cemesis, high powered FWD.
I do have to be really abusive if I want it to spin. Like 20mph, change to 2nd, pedal to the floor and make the piggy squeal :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
There is a Yoko track tyre that is (just) road legal. Its effectively a slick, with about five grooves in it
I think that you're talking about the A032R - they are very good for track days - lot more grip than even tyres like S-02s and F1s .

If you do lots of track days they're worth getting a set to save monstering your road tyres.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yokohama A032r's are brilliant for track use but will be extremely expensive unless you do very low mileages. They are expensive to buy (a set of four 186/60-14 cost me just over £300 a couple of years ago), have quite shallow tread to begin with and wear very quickly - you will be lucky to get more than 2000 miles out of fronts.

·
Banned
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No i DO go easy on it, i take 1sy veeeeeryyyyy gently as it's suh a high gear.

Then second, when clutch is fully out if i give it a bit to much gas it just spins and i got no fookin traction.

And when it's wet, 3rd spins and veers the car side to side.

Highly irritating as people pass me off the lights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts