Volvo B230 with navy crankshaft
SPM H-profile connecting rods
Venolia pistons
16 Valve Volvo head with standard valves, port grinded with own ideas
Self made mechanical valve adjustment
Camshafts grinded by SPM
Double valve springs
Garret GT-40 turbo
Eaton M60 compressor with an own system for control of air between the turbo and the compressor
Exhaust manifold manufactured in stainless steel
Wastegate with 50mm valve
Self made intake manifold with separate 46mm throttle and full radius funnels
Autronic engine management system and CDI ignition
Mercury F1 ignition coils
Self made Intercooler and watercooler

Power:
Max. 578Hp at 6300rpm, over 500Hp from 5200 to 7700rpm

Torque:
Max. 706Nm at 4900rpm, over 600Nm from 4300 to 6600rpm

Gearbox:
Getrag M51
Tilton twin disc 185mm clutch with AP lamellas

Rear end:
Volvo 1031 axle with lamellar differential
Adjustable fourlink

Front end:
Self made spring units with adjustable height
Volvo steering aid with electrical servo

Brakes:
Corvette ZR1 discs and callipers
Self made pedal group with wilwood brake adjustment and maincylinders

Body:
Own design, No plastic

Paint:
Opel 529 orange, Own paint job

Wheels:
Momo arrow rims, 8,5x18” with 235/40-18 in the front and 10x18” with 265/40-18 in the back

Weight:
1050kg

Best ET:
11,42s @ 208km/h

That is pure sex in a manifold wouldnt have gone with that engine myself though but 578bhp isnt to shy i guess :p

Ginge

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ginge said:
Body:
Own design, No plastic
When I first saw that comment I thought it was saying that there wasn't any big bodykit on it and it was a bit lost in translation, unitl I saw the pictures of the wide arches and bumper skirts crafted out of metal!!!
This car really is an example in what a 'complete' modified car is - no stick on bits, no bolt on tat - a lot of it looks hand crafted and the results are stunning!!
I also love the fact that the owner isn't shy about giving it some stick - as the videos show!!
:eek:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Seen it before on a vid sent on email by a friend. It goes like stink. Was a 0-160mph vid or something if mem serves.................

·
Registered
674 Posts
I thought the Manta A body couldn't be improved.

Takes a brave man to try.

But that works!

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
At first I was thinking if you got crazy money to spend donig al lthat personally i'd prefer to chuck a dirty reconditioned sky or supra engine in one 9if u got that kinda money) but thinking bout it thats a perfect engine to put in cause being a volvo engine gonna be very very reliable. That means you can thrash it about and have fun in it without a rebuild every week. stunning car, i have no idea how he made all that out of metal, didn't even know you could do it that well without big machinery and tools. How would of he had dun it dyou reckon? shape the bumpers and skrits etc so perfectly liek that?

·
Registered
674 Posts
English wheeling, hammer and planishing at a guess. hard work and very skilled. I once had a go on an English wheel. LOL, I managed to create a kind of metal corduroy.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Has he made that rear bumper himself? I want it, The only part i don't like about my manta now is the rear, that bumper would be perfect. gonna have to make my own fibreglass one if I want it like that aint i? :mad: I didn't see him doing the rear in the gallery, only the front.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
pre-auto.com said:
At first I was thinking if you got stupid money to waste donig al lthat personally i'd prefer to chuck a dirty reconditioned sky or supra engine in one 9if u got that kinda money) but thinking bout it thats a perfect engine to put in cause being a volvo engine gonna be very very reliable. That means you can thrash it about and have fun in it without a rebuild every week. stunning car, i have no idea how he made all that out of metal, didn't even know you could do it that well without big machinery and tools. How would of he had dun it dyou reckon? shape the bumpers and skrits etc so perfectly liek that?
watch discovery channel on saturday mornings 10am program called rides its on every week, its all about custom cars, n it shows u how they make that sort of stuff, the make everything their selfs from sheet metal really impressive, really good program too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.