Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i just clarify that the vacum pipe suplied goes to the black part of the wastegate not the coloured bit?

as for the problem my screamer pipe isnt working does the wastegate need setting up before use? when it boosts i get a fluttering of something and the dump valve but no 'immense noise' lmao that ive heard so much about

cheers

·
Registered
935 Posts
ive just got mine done and ran it for the first time today. i havnt had loads of imediate "noise" yet but it does need setting up. bear in mind that the screamer pipe will only be audiable at full boost when the wastegate opens.

get it set up properly, ie, take it on a good long road to see what boost your getting, then adjust the wastegate to what boost you want.

then you can start to judge wether you like the noise or not

·
Registered
935 Posts
yes, thats correct.

the more you tighten the bolt, the harder you are making it to open, hence more boost

heres mine (nova) before it was finished

·
Registered
935 Posts
depends on other factors, ie fuel pressure, pump capabilites, injectors etc etc.

im gonna run 1.2 bar on my phase 3, i have saab reds, 4 bar fpr and warlboro 255 fuel pump

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
andy16vturbo said:
depends on other factors, ie fuel pressure, pump capabilites, injectors etc etc.

im gonna run 1.2 bar on my phase 3, i have saab reds, 4 bar fpr and warlboro 255 fuel pump
Saab reds on 4 bar with 1.2 bar boost:eek: OVERFUELlmao

Slightly off topic but liking both Nova's:D Front mount looks quality on the ornage one:beer:

·
Registered
935 Posts
good, more fuel is better. this needs looking at though, havnt ran the new engine for that long

i'll see what happens when i get it on the rollers

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
im runing saab reds on my let with 1.5 bar over boost and 16 psi held with fuel preure at 3.5 bar and fuel was spot on on the rollers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts