Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my problem is that there is a loud knock/banging noise, it sounds like metal to metal, the thing is it doesnt do it if i drive smoothly, and to make the noise happen if i put it in 1st then drop the clutch quickly u can hear it , the more aggressive u are the louder it is, but to get it to make the noise again u need to put it in reverse and drop the clutch. The engine moves a bit but i dont think its the engine mounts, ive had a look at the wishbone bushes and all look ok although i havent jacked it up yet ALSO if i jab the throttle when driving teh gearstick shudders a lot, anyone had similair problems ?? Thought I would try here 1st see if anyone had a similair prob to save tryin to figure out what it is, any help appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Sounds like the back engine mount has gone to me. Failing that, check the exhaust mounting bracket, the one which bolts to the block hasn't worked loose.

Micky

·
Registered
244 Posts
my gearstick jumps about a bit when i jab or come off the throttle quickly. I've decided now that it's something external, ie not an engine miss or anything. might check the engine mounts out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts