Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,318 Posts
Cupatea said:
And 1.4 Metres in length...

I always thought this until a recent company extracted around 190bhp using the standard inlet system..
imagine what power it would have if they put tbs or carbs on that egine aswell, ? well over 200bhp! maybe mapped right, or set up right for the carbs could be 220-230.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,309 Posts
Cupatea said:
And 1.4 Metres in length...

I always thought this until a recent company extracted around 190bhp using the standard inlet system..

on what rollers? :doh:

you have more chance of getting a whale up your arse than you have of making a GENUINE 190bhp on the c16xe with the standard internals and inlet still from what ive seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
Vauxfan said:
imagine what power it would have if they put tbs or carbs on that egine aswell, ? well over 200bhp! maybe mapped right, or set up right for the carbs could be 220-230.

Please see my already above comments, 256 on the C16.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
chip said:
on what rollers? :doh:

you have more chance of getting a whale up your arse than you have of making a GENUINE 190bhp on the c16xe with the standard internals and inlet still from what ive seen.
Well you had best get the grease out for yourself hadn't you....

Did i say standard internals?

But of course, your always right. Guess you know more than a fully fledge rally team eh.... :nod: Still, believe what you want chipolata.... AS pollard would say BOVERD! lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,309 Posts
Cupatea said:
Well you had best get the grease out for yourself hadn't you....

Did i say standard internals?

But of course, your always right. Guess you know more than a fully fledge rally team eh.... :nod: Still, believe what you want chipolata.... AS pollard would say BOVERD! lmao

If it wasnt an internally standard engine than say so when posting about it as it makes it far less relevant to a disucssion about the standard engine.

The comment was made the engine did 200bhp in standard form, you then posted your 190bhp comment seemingly validating that, if you KNOW that it had masses of other differences, then mention it, the point of my post was to highlight the fact you hadnt done that as yes i do KNOW that it couldnt be on an internally standard engine thanks. :beer:

If you didnt post misleading half truths, i wouldnt need to correct you in the first place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,766 Posts
but he said they managed to extract 190bhp blatently seemed it wasnt standard. surely if they hadnt changed the internals or the externals for that matter there would be very little to change lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,309 Posts
Jasovanooo said:
but he said they managed to extract 190bhp blatently seemed it wasnt standard. surely if they hadnt changed the internals or the externals for that matter there would be very little to change lmao
Indeed, implying that all they did was remapped it which would support the "they were 200bhp to begin with" argument which it looked like it was doing.

That was my point!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,806 Posts
Hey, I never put anything like that, i said using the standard inlet system, i never mentioned anything else at all!!!

Anything else means your minds are thinking more than they are reading lmao Your the one that mentioned internals...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,309 Posts
Cupatea said:
Hey, I never put anything like that, i said using the standard inlet system, i never mentioned anything else at all!!!

Anything else means your minds are thinking more than they are reading lmao Your the one that mentioned internals...

I was clearing it up for other users who may not know much about the standard internals and their capabilities.


BTW, if its genuine then 190 is STILL an awesome figure, even with all the changes in the world internally!
Im quite surprised thats been achieved but i wouldnt rule it out having seen minis on 5 port heads make the same BHP per litre as that.

Tend not to last long though, so not very useful to the average MIG road going car driver of course.

Cool for motorsport though :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,318 Posts
hey i never said it was 200bhp standard either quote.yes and the 1.6 was capable of 200bhp, but vauxhall put in LOADS OF RESTRICTONS (ie inlet side mainly) to cap the power to keep it in line with the cheap little runaround instead of a hot hatch! this to me says it was developed to be capable of 200 horses, But not when vaux to hold of it!
FOR PEOPLE WHO COULD NOT UNDERSTAND IT THEN I SHOULD ADD THIS BIT yes and the 1.6 was designed to be capable of of 200bhp with the correct mods!!! sorry chaps!:doh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,839 Posts
the C16XE has so much more to give, it would murder most hot hatch's today if it werent for the dumb inlet design it would kill 106 gtis and paxos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I drove a Lotus developed 1.6 Nova development vehicle at Millbrook Proving Ground around 1993. It was there on development duty. I have no idea what bhp it was putting out but I was doing, genuinely, 125mph around the banked bowl at Millbrook, so it wasn't shabby. Unfortunately it later chucked a rod, and all its oil, out of the sump and made a mess of the test track.
 
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Top