Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the max power website ages ago for a laugh and saw a nova on there that had been turbod. He had (i think) put some lotus badges on it etc in the read up it said that lotus apparantly fiddled with some novas donkeys years ago is this true or false or is it a legend:rolleyes:

Just wondering as it seems absolute dodo ****lmao
heres the web page
http://www.maxpower.co.uk/site/article.asp?ID=3523&s=3

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Wasn't Lotus involved in the development of the 14xe and 16xe engines at some point?

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
Lotus did develop the heads on the small block XE's IIRC. We are led to beleive that Lotus tinkered with some Nova's but its more of a myth & nothing ever got produced.

The one in MAX was some Irish creation that had an AX rear spoiler & Tv's & 17"s etc... nasty!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CraigGreen said:
Lotus did develop the heads on the small block XE's IIRC. We are led to beleive that Lotus tinkered with some Nova's but its more of a myth & nothing ever got produced.

The one in MAX was some Irish creation that had an AX rear spoiler & Tv's & 17"s etc... nasty!
Wouldnt it be cool though there are a couple of novas hidden somewhere that were tuned by lotus. But its a myth i wonder who came up with that story though????

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Lotus developed the original 1.6 16v (C16XE) engine.
Lotus also tune Vauxhalls suspensions (hmmmmm, we can blame them not Vauxhall then lmao )

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Cupatea said:
Lotus developed the original 1.6 16v (C16XE) engine.
Lotus also tune Vauxhalls suspensions (hmmmmm, we can blame them not Vauxhall then lmao )
yes and the 1.6 was capable of 200bhp, but vauxhall put in loads of restrictions(ie inlet side mainly) to cap the power to keep it in line with the cheap little runaround instead of a hot hatch!

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
I reckon the Lotus story is probably true but I bet the programme was capped because the Corsa was needed/about to replace the Nova.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
The version of Lotus myth and legend i here most often is that they were 2.0 8v they built.

They were NEVER sold though, so no "lotus nova" ever existed, and frankly a nova with lotus badges looks as tacky as anything IMHO unless it has a lotus engine or something to justify it, which that one doesnt, its just a run of the mill valver nova.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I remember reading that Lotus done a couple of XE Nova's for a laugh and declared them too dangerous lmao

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Vauxfan said:
yes and the 1.6 was capable of 200bhp, but vauxhall put in loads of restrictions(ie inlet side mainly) to cap the power to keep it in line with the cheap little runaround instead of a hot hatch!
Came with 150bhp before Vauxhall de-tuned it.
Can be taken to 190bhp with the standard inlet system.
V-max thus far is 256bhp from the C16XE engine, X16XE usually gives around 10-15bhp less due to the head design.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Cupatea said:
V-max thus far is 256bhp from the C16XE engine, X16XE usually gives around 10-15bhp less due to the head design.
REALLY??????

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Cupatea said:
Yes i never said what it came to vaux at! just that it was designed by lotus to be capable of nigh on 200bhp, oh and the main add on to hamper the performance was the inlet! over 300degreas of bends,

·
Registered
410 Posts
Slightly off topic but...... my bro-inlaw has a car hire place in norfolk and when a new car/model comes out Lotus usally ask him to get one in so they can hire it for a few month's whilst they pull it apart and see what's inside, they always come back tuned up lmao lmao

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
The nova in question was a c20xe on throttle bodies, it was silver and was one of the first novas with 17"s and throttle bodies iirc. The guy who owns it is from ireland and the car has been sat in his garage ever since the max power shoot.

·
Administrator
61,457 Posts
ANDYRACER said:
The nova in question was a c20xe on throttle bodies, it was silver and was one of the first novas with 17"s and throttle bodies iirc. The guy who owns it is from ireland and the car has been sat in his garage ever since the max power shoot.
dont remember it being on tbs....
and in the link the spec says...twin Weber 45DCOEs

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Imagine if you guys owned a magazine, i'll print what the people are talking about without the evidence and proper facts, then anybody who reads it over the years will add a bit to it and create even more bollocks to add, the 1 true step would be ring lotus and ask them if they ever had any thing to do with a nova? they may say yes but only if somebody brought 1 in and asked for some mods! then all of a sudden you have a so called lotus novalmao that every body sort of remembers, or been told from a friend of a friend, or read in max power MAX POWER for **** sake!!! chav mag. (chinese wispers any1)

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Vauxfan said:
Yes i never said what it came to vaux at! just that it was designed by lotus to be capable of nigh on 200bhp, oh and the main add on to hamper the performance was the inlet! over 300degreas of bends,
And 1.4 Metres in length...

I always thought this until a recent company extracted around 190bhp using the standard inlet system..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts