Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
occasionally, it cranks for a longer time than usual before actually starting (fire up).

it never does it when parked overnight. only happens when parked for about 1 - 3 hours.

it always starts eventually, but cranks longer than normal.

fuel relay and pump was replaced 9-10 mths ago.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the best part is, the problem started shortly after a coolant temp sensor change!! :eek: lmao :eek:

i'm thinking weak FPR??

doesn't really have a pattern to it. just does it occasionally. mostly when engine is still alittle warm. seems ok if i shut off, and immediately fire her up again.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Oxygen sensor is not in use during cranking and the first 30-60 seconds of the engine starting.

Poor starting is usually ignition related. Spark plugs (condition and type/make), ignition leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap etc.

NGK normal or NGK V-Groove are my prefered plugs.

·
Premium Member
28,725 Posts
My mate had this problem and it was a fuel leak!!
After a while (i.e overnight) it would take a while to start.
Saying you just changed the CTS and the problem started, perhaps the CTS is faulty ?

Paul

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mines a late C20XE. dizzyless system.

DIS unit was replaced a half a year ago due to misfiring.

does it regardless of plugs i use.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul Elwell said:
My mate had this problem and it was a fuel leak!!
After a while (i.e overnight) it would take a while to start.
Saying you just changed the CTS and the problem started, perhaps the CTS is faulty ?

Paul
doesn't ever do it when parked overnight. only after 1-3 hours of parking, when engine is still alittle warm.

CTS faulty?? i was thinking of that when the problem started. but it was a new sensor and bought from the dealer!!

bad shipment??lmao :(

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
come on odders, i know i'm fussy lmao but it deffo doesn't sound too normal to be doin that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts