Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right my car has no key for the locking wheel nuts, so to get the nut off I smacked a 19mm impact socket onto it but it's just turning and not coming out.:mad:

It's one of these 3 holed nuts, but the problem now is how the F*** do i get the socket off?

I've tried wiggling it but it just seems to be stuck well and truely in there

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
You might have to weld something on to the socket to pry it off. When i lost my wheel nut key i welded a wheel nut onto the locking one.

·
Registered
19,876 Posts
go to halfords and get the left hand thread sockets that grip onto things with pointy bits (pretty sure they have a name lmao)

·
Registered
327 Posts
locking nuts

A just got 4 mcgaurd wheel nuts off with a 20 normal socket chapped on .i took about 20 mins to get them all off but that was with having to run to the garage to chap the locking nut out the socket in a vice

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
go round ats thye usually have a load of "donated" or forgotten keys they can try usually one of them is hammerable lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
i had the same problem on my wheels, how i got them off was to take a socket with the same diameter as the holes and then get a hacksaw and cut out gaps in the socket to fit the holes.....took a bit of time but worked a treat :cool:

·
Registered
588 Posts
eebo said:
A just got 4 mcgaurd wheel nuts off with a 20 normal socket chapped on .i took about 20 mins to get them all off but that was with having to run to the garage to chap the locking nut out the socket in a vice
did you just hammer it straight on? my mcgaurd ones have a spinning piece round the outside edge? got one stuck on as the key broke and mcgaurd want £25 for a new one!:mad:

·
Registered
327 Posts
a thought they spun aswell but no . chapped a 20 socket right on with a rubber mallet an they came off a treat

·
Registered
327 Posts
had a look at them again mine definately dont spin there is what looks like two parts but i cannot get them to spin with a vice and pliers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts