Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure by now you all know the probs ive been having with my cav turbo holding back...........

well took it to vauxhall this morning and they said they would take a look............ i told em ive done a fault code check and there were no stored faults............. they looked at me blankly........... as if i was some sort of tit.........

they said they had to plug it in to tech 1 a check it.......... upon which doing they said............ no mate we cant find a fault all sensors are working correctly................. they tried to charge me for this information so i told em to get stuffed as i told them that 15mins prior.............. im not giving them 30 quid to tell me something i told them when i walked in..............

so now im back to square one............. i foned courtenay as the know the props ive been having and john dont know either.........

they said they need another cav turbo to compare it to?????????????????????????

so i said no probs ive got loadsa mates with c20let......... then they said it would be in 5 weeks time...........

god damn it.. it might have blown up by then.............

im just gona have to keep checkin things meself............

what i want to know is if i unbolt the knock sensor but leave it pluged in, i can run it up the road and see if it retards, then i know if it is retarding due to vibration............ is this a safe thing to do ( i am confident to fueling is ok due to having fuel pressure guage and air fuel ratio meter so i shouldnt melt anything........

do ya rekon this is worth a try cos then at least i would know its vibration causing ignition retard.........

any help greatfully appreciated...........

if there is anyone on hear who can help me it would mean you know more than vauxhall technicians and courtenay.........

please please help.................

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
TOBYC said:
what i want to know is if i unbolt the knock sensor but leave it pluged in, i can run it up the road and see if it retards, then i know if it is retarding due to vibration............ is this a safe thing to do ( i am confident to fueling is ok due to having fuel pressure guage and air fuel ratio meter so i shouldnt melt anything........
Yep you can do that. Just listen to the engine for any funny noises (Knock) and back off if you hear any.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks......... i thought it would be ok.just wanted to hear it from someone else...cos im a chicken:D

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
so it does make a difference having it torqued to the right setting then? i just nipped mine up until it was tight but i can torque it up properly as i have a torque wrench now.

toby as ive said in the other post about the knock sensor, i did this tonight and the car went very good. but after about 10 mins it picked up a fault code, even thoug i had left the sensor attached to its connector.

rodgerq

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Yeah, it should be torqued down correctly. Although I wouldn't have thought it would cause as severe problems as you describe.

Was wondering if it would notice it not being on the block. Smart ECU, it knows it should hear something from the knock sensor. :cool:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
as i say it didnt recognise that it was off at first. it took about 10 mins(way longer than what it would normally take for as fault to be stored) and then it came up with a fault code and ran as if the knock sensor was knackered. its a strange one i tells ya

rodgerq

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if it went well with no knock sensor............ check ya fueling that you aint running lean and its pinking and try to find anything which may be causing vibration like heat sheilds and exhaust etc......power steering pump or alternator............

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
i have a AFR and it runs 2 greens on acceleration and full boost so thats ok. ive taken the heat sheild off and the alternator is fully tightened up and secure.

i noticed that the wee bolt that holds the bracket on the back end of the starter to the block isnt there so im gona get that bolted up. i also noticed that my rear gearbox mount sems to be sittin very much to one side too, to the extent that the rubber is being pulled out to one side and the mount is sittin against the mount on the car. dunno why this is but im gona check all 3 out anyway.

what about you, any more luck or further forward with it.

rodgerq

1 - 11 of 11 Posts