Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Yes, it is particularly good value for money, and yes, you could hook it up to your motronic but you'd have to keep the handset attached.
To be honest, there wouldn't be much benefit - motronic goes open loop after something like 50% throttle ( I forget the exact figure).
Very useful for fine tuning and checking AFR though.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Russ said:
Yes, it is particularly good value for money, and yes, you could hook it up to your motronic but you'd have to keep the handset attached.
To be honest, there wouldn't be much benefit - motronic goes open loop after something like 50% throttle ( I forget the exact figure).
Very useful for fine tuning and checking AFR though.
ah ,so even if the afr was trying to be corrected from the output from this wideband kit ,it would be ignored by the ecu . but aleast i could see if the afr was right at wot ? :beer:

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
You can't fine tune the Motronic ecu you have no control really (though i suppose you could dabble with the fuel pressure to help matters) . The unit will tell you though if your afr is crap at WOT and under heavy boost:)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Rob, dabbling with the fuel pressure is fairly effective (I've tried!), if a bit crude.
You get more fuel at WOT, but lambda control can still step it back on light throttle - kinda the best of both worlds.
I'm not saying this is a substitute for proper mapping though.

Lee. Yeah, in your case the LM1's best use would be to check mixture.

Forgot to say Rob, I was speaking to someone who tested loads of wideband lambda set-ups when developing a new rolling road, including the aucronic one - he said it was most susceptible to temperature change making the reading innaccurate.....

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Russ said:
Rob, dabbling with the fuel pressure is fairly effective (I've tried!), if a bit crude.
You get more fuel at WOT, but lambda control can still step it back on light throttle - kinda the best of both worlds.
I'm not saying this is a substitute for proper mapping though.

Lee. Yeah, in your case the LM1's best use would be to check mixture.

Forgot to say Rob, I was speaking to someone who tested loads of wideband lambda set-ups when developing a new rolling road, including the aucronic one - he said it was most susceptible to temperature change making the reading innaccurate.....
The wideband units have temperature compensation built into them, thats what you pay the money for. The only sensor to use really is the Uego/NTK sensor and they also recommend to mount it around 1 metre from the turbo to stop the exhaust gas from cooking the sensor quickly. The shelf life of these sensors vary alot depending on where you mount them. Good to see the dabbling with FPR is effective though :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.