Discussion Starter #1
Wiring
Astra loom= Black/red

Turbo loom= Red/White
Black/blue
Green/black

Any gen on what these are for? :confused:

Turbo cooling.
Do i have to run water to the turbo i know cossie owners normally take it them off. It's just being a mofo. :confused:

Cooling
Where does the water pipe from the inlet manifold go?

Manifold
My LET inlet manifold had a sheared bolt which would not budge. I'm using my old XE one till i can find one. It has the TC butterfly fitted, i have cable tied it open so that it will not close. Is this a problem?

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
spanishfly said:
Turbo cooling.
Do i have to run water to the turbo i know cossie owners normally take it them off. It's just being a mofo. :confused:
Surely that just heats up th ecooling system which is not good? :confused:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
ii'd connect the turbo water pipes, its not that difficult mate. i cant remember where the inlet manifold water pipe goes but ill check tomorrow and if noone posts where, i will

rodgerq

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rodgerq said:
ii'd connect the turbo water pipes, its not that difficult mate. i cant remember where the inlet manifold water pipe goes but ill check tomorrow and if noone posts where, i will

rodgerq
i'm holding you to that :p

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
definately need water cooling to the turbo !! goes from the litle stub on the rad on the battery side, to the turbo, then up to the header tank iirc.

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Connect the water feed to the turbo. It's going to be a git to get on as I'm sure that inlet pipe is slightly more bent than it should be.

Surely that just heats up th ecooling system which is not good? :confused:
Why not just run the whole engine without water, all that's doing is just heating up the water as well right? ;)

Does the LET top hat sit on the XE inlet manifold ok?

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers Rik, great help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to please Savage!! I'll write him a special meassge!!!

Lol!!!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Oh ok, I had assumed they were the same an only bought myself a top hat recently, nerly sh*t a load when I read that :eek:

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
the banjo thing. one side comes from the stub on the inlet manifold by the altenator, the other goes to the header tank. one in the middle is the small breather hose from cam cover.

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Savage (and J1400) the XE manifold is the same bar that bit the banjo thing. I'm using the TC throtle body to space it up to the same height. Apparantly early XE's have the same (bar the banjo) Think i've sorted most the mofo's. Savage!!! What!!! was!!! you!!! on!!! about!!! with!!! the!!! TC!!! loom!!! (!!! the!!! red!!! wire!!!)!!!

that took ages lmao

1 - 20 of 44 Posts