Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need some advice.....today i get fast road intake cam(264 degree and 10.03mm lift) but when i compare with original LET intake cam i see that original cam have ball bearings in the both sides to prevent oil leak from cam gallery, but piper cam oil gallery is open and if i put this cam to my engine i can't get oil pressure because oil will leak free. Please look at the pics and advice me what i need to do to make right cam fitting.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
captain fantastic said:
It should have come with some. Phone them up or go to vauxhall & get some
Yes I have two ball bearings supplied with piper cam, but i can't understand how can i put them inside in the cam ? ball bearing diameter is more larger from cam oil gallery diameter ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
captain fantastic said:
Only one per cam ,Just drop one in the cam like the original one has.
OK but how ??? ball diameter is 8mm but oil gallery diameter is 7.7mm, i need use hammer or heat or what ???

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Oh right i see now.....strange. Go to vauxhall & get the right size should cost nothing. there all the same size alike. Or phone piper if your worried..but vaux would be my first stop.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Guys i think that we all mistake.....why this is so difficulty, but in camshafts fitting instructions there is no any word writen for this. Why these balls are separately from cams, why they are not puted inside on cam when cam is still in factory ???

·
Registered
215 Posts
you should really hammer the ball in with a drift so it wont fall out, and make sure it will seal properly, or i cant see you new cams lasting very long without oil pressure..

or to be really safe tap the hole out with an m8 tap and threadlock a little stub in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.