Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the loom i have has been bodged a few times in its life. Need a few answers to my questions, if you guys can help that would be fantastic!!

Couple of pics to help you's out, First of all in the bottom centre of the pic there is 3 wires coming from the same exit hole.

1 is cut - Whats this for and what connector should it be on the end of it
Also - WHY has one of these connectors been extended to that lenght.... Where should that go.

The next pic shows 5 wires in total... what should be on the end of that. and what colour wires go to what sensor....

Also the above pic shows what i think is the pipe that comes from the amal vale into the ECU.... am i correct or is this another bodge job attempt. If so where should this go.

I know nothing about the LET loom so im slowly learning....

Cheers in advance guys.

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,135 Posts
The short black one in the first pic is meant to go to one of the fuel rail bolts as an earth I think. Maybe that's the same reason the other one's been extended - to reach the battery negative?
Tip: in a Vaux loom, a red wire is perm 12V, black is ignition 12V, brown is ground (earth) and red/ blue is 12v supply from the fuel pump.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got that no problems.... The more i look at it it seems to come to light. That is an earth, So thats sussed.

Im sure the 5 cut wites are knock sensor and ICV, but what colour of wire comes from which sensor and what side of the pin do they connect to... Im sure the Knock and ICV sensor are 2 pin each???? HHmmm

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ah, so someone has cut the 5 pin plug off......

Ok, so what colour of wire goes to which sensor and to which pin

Also, why is that wire in the first pic been extended so god dam long...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i'll try and look at mine tomorrow mate to see how many wires are in this plug 4 or 5.
i wont be able to see which colours go where though but someone with a haynes should be able to tell you the colour codes.

as for the wire thats extended it looks to me like one of the earth wires that goes under the bolt to holf fuel rail on there are 2 sets of these earth wires on the injector rail harness.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yeah. I cracked that one. Its an earth. I know some of the early LET looms come with the ICV and KS on a seperate loom... Dunno if mine is later or early?????

These looms are very similiar to XE's apart from a few things. These tank vent switches, rev gear and 1st gear boost switches. Will these have to be connected up in the NOVA....

Also that extended wire. It says on the max-boost website that its a HOT WIRE MASS AIR METER switch........... Where is that situated.......

When i first looked at the loom it was attached to a sensor that was in the Intercooler. It also has a masking tapped tag saying INTER!!!!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
had a look. my one has it blocked off. Why would that be... i take it this sensor adjusts the fuelling singnal to the ecu.

If i found this in the intercooler would that not be fooling the ecu into thinking the car was running colder denser air that it should hence producing more fuel....

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hhmmm. im just guessing as to why it was there....

anyone wanna tell me why my top had has a threaded bung in here as opposed to the original sender unit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts