Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well was all ok a few days ago, then today drivin about (sensiblity, it starts juddering (posisbly backfire not 100%). When i boosted / turbo was building up it juddered whilst buildign up aswell. Then about 10 mins ago i just started the car up sounds like its going to stall (revs are fine). then it just conks out and stalls.

Guessing its something to do with fuel pump or something? (has over half tank of petrol) ??

cheers dan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well took it out for drive again it does it for first 30sec - 1 min then after that it seems ok. Taking to a garage on wed, book in for service (new spark plugs, oil filter, fuel filter, oil) will get them to check the engine over etc aswell. Im the biggest newbie with engines ... not even worth me looking or touching as im useless :|

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C4llyT said:
Yeah a service won't hurt.
Is it always when cold, then ok?
Well it only seems (that i know of / so far) first 30secs - 1 min and its always started off cold!. Seems like once is bin driven a little bit its ok. But other day it was fine then as it was buildign acceleration it juddered for 1 sec (like it choked on something). but hasnt done that one since.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
expensive? also guessin they dont change this on a service? garages should be able to supply and fit?

·
Banned
16,413 Posts
£10-£15. Just un-screw the old and replace with new.
This can cause faults which will not bring up the management light, and be hard to track down. Worth changing, and checking wiring to anyway imo.
Should take them 5 minutes to change.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol, i wouldnt know where im lookin etc "id end up unscrewing something bad". will ask garage to get 1 in for when i have it serviced etc. no harm chanign even if its ok :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts