Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mig Club Member
9,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lovely Sunday meet and some interesting driving down the bypass, I'm even more convinced to put a LET in my Astra.

I know this is going to be a monster job requiring lots of minor mods to make it fit etc...

So, with that I woulkd like to start researching a 'How to' list covering all the things I need to look out for.

I know there is an issue with the front chassie member on the 8v shell being higher than the GTE so that will need changing to accomodate the intercooler etc, but thats about it!.

I'm currently saving hard for a reliable LET (can't afford things to go wrong too soon, or do rebuid it) so I will be in the market soonish.

Olly and Trig are mainly to blame for this as the speed at which they pulled away from me is unacceptable, I can't have them being faster. Also need to get in front so I don't get choked on all the burning rubber Mr Hewitt makes (Handbrake Bandit ;) )

Cheers,
OP :)

·
Mig Club Member
9,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First question...

I need a new CV joint for the passanger side as the current one is starting to creak. I think it will last until I get the LET sorted etc however I was wondering if the 16v GTE uses the same joint as the LET. If it does I'll just buy one now, if not I'll wait until the LET is in the car.

Cheers, OP :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.