Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being very ompressed with Chris`s P2 cally on Saturday, i`ve been thinkin about gettin some head work done.
I`m a complete amature mecahanic and don`t fancy having a go myself so just wondering where`s a good place to get a descent port/polish done? Roughly how much? and anywhere that does the whole head on exchange maybe?

Also where.how much for a steel head gasket?

Cheers fro any help, Mark.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Gary's work looks top notch. There's also Dave Andrews and Animal (I think they both still do it?).

I've done a fair few Vauxhall heads now. My LET, Miles' C16XE, a couple of 8V's. Worth working the inlet manifold, tb and top hat too on the LET.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
both me and Animal have done quite a few heads now :) - you can't go wrong with DVA either - but he does it as a business now so I doubt you'll get a 'good' price.

I can also do guides (bronze if necessary) and recuts now, as well as lifter recons etc etc.

there's also loads of threads where you can find info on how to do (and how to not to do it!) it yourself though.

DVAs, and the puma racing site both have some good info well worth reading - if nothing else, it'll gen you up on how to make sure you get what you want.

I'm trying to get a site together as well in my spare (haha) time, to help out DIYers.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, then would ou be willing to do another head? If so how long do you need the head for and what rough cost am i looking at?

P.S. don`t suppose you know of anywhere that will do a ported head on exchange?

Thanx, Mark.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
can do, if you want - I'd avoid exchanging heads tbh, unless you know you're getting a pressure tested one - also, your LET one might be coscast, you wouldn't want to swap that for a GM.

I don't ever rush either, even if there's a queue - so I'd need it for 3 weeks or so.

I'm just off to bed now, I'll drop you a pm in the morning :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.