Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just checked the fault codes on my cally because the em light was on and it came up with,
13 oxygen sensor -open circuit
39 oxen circuit-voltage high (rich)
as a result of the first one im going to change the oxygen sensor for a new one but what i dont understand is if its knackered,why is it putting out a voltage at all let alone a high one.
i checked it with my multi meter and it was 0.16v constant which is double what it should be as far as i know

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C4llyT said:
If an alternator over charges, it's still knackered.
i hope it is dead because im ordering one from just lambda and i wont be happy if i replace the wrong bit :mad: :mad: lmao

·
Banned
16,413 Posts
It's something which can play up and give you a headache. New one on means one less thing to go wrong or worry about :beer: lmao

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C4llyT said:
It's something which can play up and give you a headache. New one on means one less thing to go wrong or worry about :beer: lmao
hope your right mate i cant stand that orange light coming on lmao

·
Registered
93 Posts
The multimeter check is an inaccurate method, the voltage varies quite fast. Only a oscilloscope will give you a hint if the operation is correct, although a 100% constant reading will indicate a fault. A all too high voltage will point to the lack of oxygen ----> the fuel mixture ratio is too rich!
And remember that silicates from eg. coolant or sealingcompund used to fix a leaky rockercover may ruin your new sensor, you can check the old sensor when removed. A shiny white to a light gray colured tip may be due to silicone poisoning of the sensor!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok mate cheers,i read what you pabout an osiloscope before and found it interesting but the problem i have is that i dont have one to test my sensor with so my multi meter will have to do lmao lmao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts