Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrite, just wanting some advice on freshening up my C20LET before i put it in my Nova.
Engines got 86k on it, it ran sweet (no smoke, knocks or rattles!) when it was in the Calibra & its sat in my garage for just under a year.
Was gonna replace, Cambelt & pulleys / Water pump / Gaskets - Head & bottom set / Plugs / Leads / Dizzy cap ect ...
Anything else ?
Was also gonna fit some ARP rod bolts, Injectors were clean about 6k ago as well, generaly give every thing a good clean up when its in bits.
Engines gonna stay pretty much standard, maybe Phase 2 ?
Where would be best place to get all the bits from ? AutoVaux ? Vauxhall ?
What d'ya reckon.

Cheers Rich

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I think youll find find ALOT of people on MIG get there bits from autovaux,
A- They know exactly what youre talking about when you describe parts.
B- They usually have what you want in stock,if they havent,they can get it much quicker than vauxhall can!
C- They do genuine GM parts,or pattern parts if youre a cheap skate!
D- there customer service and delivery times are second to none.
E- The parts are WAY cheaper than at vauxhall,even the Genuine GM stuff.
They simply cant be beaten for vaux parts.
The only downside is there website is pants,but its best to deal with them over the phone and pay by credit card.
Dave

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
If the engine is free standing then it might be worth checking the wastegate for wear / damage.

conrod bearings?

replace all vacuum hoses with lovely samco items - to avoid split, old manky hoses.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
If it aint broke dont fix it. you start changing EVERYTHING at once and then it doesnt start or runs wrong then you got a lot of things to consider as the cause. Get it in Get it running see how its running and then decide whether its worth changing stuff. Give it a service and see how it is then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.