Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 10819 Posts

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
righty, had a bit of fun today, having finally finished painting the garage floor...

i got the nova in there, whipeed the engine out and started cutting an bashing!
basically cut the headlught panel off, the removed the fixings for the crossmember, at which point the crumpled fromt corner became obvious, so, cut a bit of and panel beated the rest, and used a slide hammer to remove the s shaped crease by the towing eye, then moved the wheel (i.e wedged a bit of wood in the wheel arch to shove it forward where its meant to be)to the right position to help align the cross member, looks like this now

just need to rebox the chassis, then fully remove the cross member and fit the new stuff, easy! lmao

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really happy tbh, its going great, got 90% of the crease out and the wheel in the right place, just got to reshape the fliches to suit the new headlight panel and cross member:D

·
MIGClub Member
15,236 Posts
Are you going to put in new inner wings (or donor from a scrapped shell) to tidy it or just repair it & sod the creases etc?

Granted your car is all go & not so show, I would see your reasoning if you dont.

Glad your getting on with it mind. :beer:

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not doing new inners, too mush hassle just to make it look nice, i will be doing some more panel beating so they at least look like metal, rather than the sea like surface i have nowlmao

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
nice work there.

when matt said that bloke cleared the garage out (forget this name, the artist formerly known as lots of old mercedes crap) he wasnt joking. looks amazing

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
0ddball said:
nice work there.

when matt said that bloke cleared the garage out (forget this name, the artist formerly known as lots of old mercedes crap) he wasnt joking. looks amazing
lol, guy you mean, well he turned up with a transporter and a van, loaded the mercs on to the transporter then flaked out and went home, but matt and brain stayed and filled his van with the rest, like four engines with 'boxes, two 'boxes seperately, racking, tools etc, loads of **** basically
then we painted it all up so it looks pretty, and now i've half filled it with a semi bent novalmao is a great place to work now though, just in the process of adding all the mod cons, even gonna have a rack for cups by the sinklmao :cool:

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spanishfly said:
Sweet, Here's my CV....

Tea boy.... Makes a poor cup of tea.
that just means you have to practice more at making tea, till you get real good!lmao

rick, we used wickes garage floor paint for the top coat, but for the first coat we just used normal floor paint, as it is cheaper, cos on the first cost the floor is still a bit porous so the paint wont go so far, we even went as far as to paint the concrete with some PVA sealer before the first coat, but it still took twice the amount of paint the top coat took

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
lee303 said:
that just means you have to practice more at making tea, till you get real good!lmao

rick, we used wickes garage floor paint for the top coat, but for the first coat we just used normal floor paint, as it is cheaper, cos on the first cost the floor is still a bit porous so the paint wont go so far, we even went as far as to paint the concrete with some PVA sealer before the first coat, but it still took twice the amount of paint the top coat took

in 6 months time it will have a liberal coating of a mixture of coolant, water and oil to keep it looking nice and shiney

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we are gonna try and keep it clean as poss, but you have to be realistsic, its a garage after all!

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
lee303 said:
we are gonna try and keep it clean as poss, but you have to be realistsic, its a garage after all!
simple wear overalls, that way you run a constant cycle of getting it dirty and cleaning it as you lie underneath cars and clean the floor with your overalls :p

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Doesn't look to bad after all!
Hope the rebuild ges smoothly and we get to see it on a trackday again soon!!

Simps.

p.s. are you actually able to take it on a UK trackday with being such a noise whore? lmao

·
Super Moderator
16,006 Posts
lee303 said:
big bits of cardboard from mcdonalds are looking favourite tbh
You'd have to eat a lot of bigmacs to get enough cartons to cover that floor.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
looks like plenty of room for an astra on the right :p how come you get the same room as manimal and snake put together?

1 - 20 of 10819 Posts