Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Callys sprung a leak, big time. It pools up in the front drivers footweel and behind the drivers seat. I have inspected the headlining, the sunroof surround, up behind the dash, the door seals, all with no joy. These were all dry and so arnt the source of the leak.

Anyone got any ideas or experience of this?

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
You've got to run a hose pipe over the car and then lie inside it looking for the drips.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
check all heater matrix, theres that pipe on 8v cavs that gets blocked, im pretty sure xe's have it too, gets blocked so water gets inside via heater

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Yes be the rubber hose type thing,hanging down.be full of dirt/leaves.Give it a good clean and the area around the wipers to.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Hi,

had the same thing with mine about a year ago, It was a plastic gromit underneath the carpet that had let water in.

It was like a swiming pool by the time I noticed :D

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
See, there's no one correct answer, it could be loads of things.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Is the rear screen wash fed from the front tank? I had a Golf like this and the pipe had a hole in it that was filling the footwells, took ages to find!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Brett are you sure your not just terrified when booting it in third and accidently relieving yourself, check the seat and your underwear for dampness, stains and a funny odour. You can fix this by getting a small engined car or rubber pants:p

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Check that the plastic panel in front of the windscreen isn't cracked and letting water drip in via the heater.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll check all those guys, ta muchly.

Except you Joey... RAM IT!

rommit one saounds good, I looked underneath the car as I suspected it may be coming in that way, but didnt find owt. I'll whip the seats out at the weekend and get to the bottom of this. I'll check the heater first.. that sounds less work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts