Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Well cant say I've ever seen that done before !

as the title said said leaf blower bolt i was expecting something to get blown down the inlet !

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Hmmm can see the potential here, might have to strap my dads to my turbocharger, can cut a hole in my bonnet im sure.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
WTF! Maybe there is some truth in those bolt on electric super chargers after all?

Or maybe not! lmao Stupid yanks....

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Pete_GSi_16v said:
WTF! Maybe there is some truth in those bolt on electric super chargers after all?

Or maybe not! lmao Stupid yanks....

no thats the thing there is ALOT of truth in them if you can suply a regulated pressure supply to the engine vs rpm then in theory this would be no different to the prinsiple behind a ture supercharger/turbo

the proplem is that for a given rpm and engine need a set amount off air and as rpm rises so does the amount of air that the engine needs these electronic superchargers just dont flow enough air and dont have the varibility with the air it flows into the engine

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmmm, You wouldn't think that would work,would you?? :) Obviously does tho'.
Have you seen the 'Pimped Tank' vid,on Streetfire ?? Very funny......gotta get me one of those !! LOL !! :D lmao

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
yea it will burn through the piston much better than nitrous!!

after reading a few threads and browsing Ebay i decided to enter the relm of cheap mods..

i was "inspired" by this site
http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/supercharged_20Turbocharger

now i knew this kind of mod wasnt going to be easy but after building my own engine i felt that i could be ready for such a challenge

i prepared the front of the car..there wasnt much room, the pipe you can see coming from the metal shielded air filter is where we have to fit the unit

ive searched every corner of the net for the correct "blower" to do the job

exhibit 1....the prototype unit

as much as i had hoped that my first attempt would have been succesfull i had neglected to consider the "stealth" appearance that a lot of tuners are promoting at the moment.....it was just too much for the eye

a "static test" at tickover revealed no boost increase..i was baffled!, after a few sleepless nights i realised that the boost was being pushed out from the sides of the blades....i was going to need a bigger blower, this time the sides would be covered to prevent "power leakage"

here is the unit fitted

now with a blower this size im not going to be able to test it at full power whilst running it in so i fitted a "smooth progressive unit" to the charger

install

its manually operated but a auto version could be fitted very soon...when it is i may need some assistance removing the gasses from the cylinders....

i noticed the blower had an "exhaust" side, it only made sence to connect it to the exhaust itself!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts