Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been busy with a few more things recently, trying to get it all ready for the show season. Going to the vaux speed show tomorrow, cant wait!
Since the last pics I put on here ive:

Finished the ICE install
Installed the Nitrous, just fitted 50BHP jets, and a C02 purge system
Had the wheels refurbished, new tyres (Falkern FK451's) with vaux centre caps on the wheels
Got new fog lights in the front bumper as the old ones were full of water!
Fitted calibra leather seats (front and rear)
Tidied up lots in the interior, and fitted things like grab handle lights, light up sun visors, V6 160MPH clocks etc.

Heres some pics taken today:

O

·
0 Posts
Tidy as ever - loving the wheels! absolutely spanking :cool:

Nitrous install in engine bay looks neat as too :)

Once again - top job!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wizards bottle is for the nitrous.
The NX bottle is the C02 fake purge kit, dont need a proper purge system with a wizards of nos system but want to have the 'effect' lol. Will probably pull the NX sticker off the bottle to be honest though!

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Mate that is gourgeous! I`ll be having a good ol nose around tomorow! :)

Good choice of sub too....... ;):)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers, I like focal stuff, very good sound quality.
Got focal components in the front, focal coaxials in the rear shelf and the focal 33A sub you can see.

Im pretty happy with the refurb job theyve done on the wheels, only bit thats not so good is the finish inside the wheels and on the back edges of the spokes is not as smooth as the outside face of the wheels, but you cant really tell too much.

Spent most of yesterday doing the boot install and sticking sound deadening to the boot floor lol.
Also on thursday changed the cam belt, rollers and tensioner, the timing on the rear bank was out by about 1 tooth! spot on though now and running better! should make a bit more power now, want to get it rolling roaded again.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its on 50BHP straight shot at the moment, eventually hoping to have 100BHP worth of nitrous on progessive. Ive got a minimax controller, just not wired in at the moment. Ive only just go the system up and running in the last couple of weeks, had the 25bhp jets in last week and all was well, so put the 50bhp jets in this morning.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
sounds tastey, so do you think it will be up on the 191 it made now the timing is all sorted??

Can't wait to see the dyno plot for 100 progressive :cool:

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah definatly think it will, timing is spot on now and it has made a difference, wish i'd got that sorted out before the north west region rolling road day! also got a much better air filter on now, which seems to have made a difference.
190bhp wasnt too bad. I saw the display go up to 202BHP when it was on the rollers though but I think they average it out so the printed graph said 190bhp, can anyone confirm this? (first time i'd been to a rolling road.) I hope it'll be over 200 now though (without nitrous).

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
As an early warning, I intend to cum all over than tomorrow - it's too ****ing gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Ok its official the pics don`t do it justice! Car is awesome in the flesh, nice to meet ya by the way! :)

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Very nice mate.
Very different from when i saw it in the flesh.
Where'd you get your wheels refurbed and how much if you dont mind me asking.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cheers guys, nice to meet you today bicco and a nice cally you have aswell.

Terry- the wheels were refurbished at Dr. Vynal in Bredbury, Stockport. £150 all together.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no it could be cheaper, depends on the extent of damage to the rim, etc.

They remove the tyres, sand the wheel down completely, prime it, paint it any colour you want, then laquer it and then flat it down and buff. took them a few days to do mine, they said the paint started reacting when they painted them probably because of all the wheel polish and tyre shine thats been on the rims! got it sorted though, also had 2 new front tyres fitted at the same time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts