Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANY ONE GOT ONE OF THESE, IF YES HOW DO YOU RATE IT.

MODEL NO KDC-MP6090R.

CHEERS

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's got excellent reviews in all mags I have seen, rated higher than most even without the MP3 capability, which is the icing on the cake. It is very much worth the money, and I am looking forward to having enough money to purchase one.

However, there is also a cheaper alternative that I am considering. NAPA make the DAV315, which is a portable MP3 player of very good quality, and comes with a line out as standard. It's successor, the 316, also comes with an inline remote. So you could put the player away in your glovebox, and have the remote in plain sight. The 315 is currently priced at £70 at Jungle, I would expect the 316 to be similarly priced. Perhaps something to consider?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've got one of the Kenwood MP3 players and overall I'm happy with it, no need for a CD changer, just 130 odd songs on one CD!

The unit itself is quite smart although I'd prefer the front panel to be motorised but thats just me being picky.

It plays normal CD's with no problems, think its about 10 second anti-shock which seems okay for most road surfaces, and when playing MP3 it's got a lot more as MP3's are smaller so it can fit more of the MP3 into the anti-shock memory.

The way you navigate around the CD can be a bit tricky if your driving and not used to it, you've got the CD, then you can have your directories, then sub directories. You can choose to play each level or just play the whole CD.

It's good enough for me anyway, if you've got any more questions about let me know :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for your advice, i bought one today havent had a chance to fit it yet. hopefully i will get it done tommorow. I,ve read the instructions and i am very impressed with the features it even displays the track names and album title...wow.......
I got a good deal as well i paid £225 for mine, Halfords sell them for £299..

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my stereo through my bosses trade discount card, they have special offers sent out if you spend so much during the year and this happend to be one of them, if you want one i can enquire about getting another one leave a message if intrested.
Fitted the stereo today, how easy could it be, just took out my other kenwood and this one just plugged straight in and that was it, the mp3 playback is amazing although as previously mentioned navigating the files can get a bit of getting used to, i like the fact that you can set the speakers to the ones in your car, I am well impressed with this stereo and would reccomend it to anyone.. :D :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts