Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: i've got a bog standard astra 190 turbo and the warranty is due up shortly, so thoughts are turning to boosting the bhp! what sort of increase in bhp can i expect from a k&n induction kit,and freeflow pipe?

·
Registered
766 Posts
between 5-10bhp realisticly i reckon both combined, you'll get more power from increasing the boost, although i dotn know much about the z20let so it might not be as simple as that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a lot of outlay for 10 brake.ta for that!how do i go about increasing boost then? never owned a turbo before so fresh ground for me! :)

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
A good start would be an exhaust and filter then a chip and maybe a rolling road setup. Do a search,theres a good report on a z20let getting cs3(iirc) from courtney,good power/torque gains to be had on the standard engine/turbo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
:eek: ta for that!found another site whilst having a mooch! zlet.co.uk if anyones intrested! i can feel my wallet getting skinnier the more i look in to this!not sure i can hide a two grand withdrawal from the wife! lmao lmao :( i'll have a go thou! :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts