Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the stupid price petrol is getting to i was wondering if anyone had put together anything allong the lines of a corsa / nova 1.9 CDTi 150 bhp? seing as they chip to 180 bhp with sledge loads of torque, and able to run on chip fat lol sounds like a plan?
or are the electrionics too much like hard work?

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
modern electricals are too complex & those engines would command a hefty price at the mo.

Most people on here are trying to go as fast as possible, I dont think pump prices are putting them off (yet).

CG

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
wouldnt want to run veg oil on a new diesel either... the lubricity of the oil isnt enough for the insane injectors and pump etc..
Its a good iead, but imagine how the 20xe hinders std handling.... now add a HUGE lump of cast iron over the front axel lol

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Then turn the mess into methane and put that back into the mix - dual fuel hamster and hamster dropping powered motors. The way forward i tell ya!

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
there should be more people doing the Corsa 1.7 td convo, very torque engines

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
1.3 CDTI 100s are probably lighter than an XE.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Mark T said:
1.3 CDTI 100s are probably lighter than an XE.
Problem with the 1.3 is power. I would imagine you'd only get around 25BHP extra with a remap or tuning box and the torque isn't all that great. The 1.7 is a right old rough bit of kit, too. Noisy and lumpy!

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
I had considered it a few times only as a daily driver but then I think...why bother? If you are transplanting you go for the full hog, not the MPG or you may as well get a car with the low MPG engine in it already! lmao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts