Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned the key in my corsa after fitting a late dispak xe to it (much to the annoyance of my 1 neighbour!)

It runs rough, but I think this is largely a fuel pressure issue. Its fitted with a webber adjustable reg which I got off ebay and was used on an xe, but Im guessing it was 2.5 bar whereas the dispak engines need 3.0

I have 1 spare connection, smallish vac pipe which runs along the bulkhead behind the inlet manifold and looks like it might go thru the bulkhead to the master cyl. I dont have anywhere to connect it to tho??

The engine management lights stays on after its started, fine I thought Ill punch out fault codes. I shorted the brown/yellow to the brown/white at the 9 pin corsa plug in the footwell (saved me getting to the back of the diagnostic plug in the fusebox) but when I put the ignition on the eml stays on constantly without flashing at all. Am I missing something with reading xe fault codes, or have I got a wiring issue?

cheers

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
Is the small vacuum pipe the tube to te fuel tank vent valve?

Mine ran like a bag of w*nk when it was first fired up, I removed every connection WD40'd them and emery clothed them, made the world of difference!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
might be to the fuel tank vent, wheres the engine bay end of it ment to go?

needed a reg as it had an fse on it when I got it. everyone on here wanted silly money for 3 bar regs so I got a webber one off ebay.

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
Depends on what engine it was to start with but one the 1.4/1.6 16v it goes to the right of the head, just above the single throttle body!

Mine isn't connected to anything and throws up no codes!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it was a dispak 1.2 8v, and the xe has a tank vent switch thingy hanging off the end of the block IIRC maybe its meant to go there.

This eml's got me worried tho.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im curious about this eml, its staying on implying theres a fault, but then it stays on even when the diag pins are shorted?

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you connect the brown/white and brown/yellow together at the diag plug normally?

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pulled codes this morning before I went out, got 31 and 83 IIRc which was injector 3 low voltage and cranks sensor. A quick call to aragorn told me that cranks sensor fault is normal with engine off, and pushing the cable trunk fully home sorted the injector out, I must have disturbed it at some point.

I havent had the chance to sort fuel pressure with a gauge yet, but since it is almost certainly set to 2.5 I wound it up a little bit (1/6th turn)

started 3rd turn and settled to 1.2k rpm which afaik is std idle on cold start. sounds fine, running on 4 etc, just the lack of an exhaust makes it interesting! (it has one, but its not welded so it blows like nothing else!)

The vac pipe appears to be the fuel tank one, thanks to wayne here and users on CS. Can I connect i to this, which i previously blanked off?

just need hubs now, fit my brakes and were off!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
corsa knuckles, golf synchro bearings, big block hubs

·
Registered
161 Posts
exactly what I did... you might have to shorten the hubs to the bearing's width when you machine 'em down

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cheers :beer:

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
hows it goin then al, did you iron out the problems?

rodgerq

1 - 20 of 20 Posts