Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ello peeps been a while... RIGHT I KNOW ITS NOT A VAUX BUT CAN YOU SHED ANY LIGHT?

story goes, got my girl a 1.0 punto very cheap, engine knocking, swaped the engine with a 1.2 unit..

only to find that the 1.2 is mpi. and the 1.0 is spi. however the spi carb fitted on the mpi throttle body.. started her up and she ticks over nicely.

now when put fut on accelerator she spluts and farts the takes off like a rocket (runs better from cold).

if u very slowly accelerate from start, she seems to be ok.?

any ideas? oh when warm she really hard to drive, have to get the revs up fair bit. :confused:

cheers for any advice

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
well uve answered ur own question

when cold any engine overfuels till its up to operating temp.

Uve mentioned it runs fine when cold but once warm it dies on its ar*e!

its not difficult to change the loom and ecu off a 1.2 mpi 75 model as the ecu is inside the engine bay n all.

alternatively run it without CTS connected so it thinks she's cold permanently.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i aint got the 1.2 ecu etc. yeah runs better when cold, but still not right you couldn put ur foot to the floor on take off etc.. could i not change the jet on the spi?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Hey Gareth,
cant help u on the current prob I'm afraid but hows things otherwise?
U never did post up how u got on with the Cab V6 AFAIK? Any good or not?

Paul.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eloo paul me old mucka.. well i finally got the v6 in and running, just need to get some v6 springs ( cant afford at the mo) then 2 new wings... used a rad off a 1.7td astra works a treat. god this car is loud tho had her ticking over other day and neighbour over the road complained (60yds away) ha ha gotta get the exhaust rebent away from the gear selector tho...... hows u anyways?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Still not running right?

Soz for lack of reply, could have sworn I did. :eek: I'm not bad at the mo, ta for asking. :)
Astra has just become more fun :D Have gone back to 15" wheels, its improved the ride, steering, handling, confidence in the car and acceleration. 17" wheels might look good but they just dont do the job on our ****ty roads.
What V6 springs u donna try, Cally?
Have also just fitted a front top strut brace, seems to have helped, the car was doing some flexing on the front end and its helped a lot.
Were going to the Vx show at Santa Pod, U going?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eloo bud. not gon to santa matey. im off to gran canaria with me new chick on the 17th so savin for that.. yeah gonna try cally for now just to get her movin, need to get the exhaust done but not quite got the money yet.. whens pod?

whats up with ur car?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Info about shows here Gareth http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=101580

Gearbox is doing some whining again, wonder why :D Other than that its been really good, just trying to improve on the handling. The front springs were custom jobbies but seem to be too soft. The front end bounces too much, thinking V6 cally ones may be more up to the job just havent come across any cheap yet.
Gran Canarias nice BTW, went just before Xmas, stunning views on the coast road on the North west of the island. Great fun in a hire car but your passengers wil get really nervous, massive drops to the sea. :D

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
That link was to show u the rest of the events aswell incase u wanted to go to any and didnt know when they were. ;)
Pity u are so low on cash, at least ure still going on holiday though u lucky bugger. They say Gran Canaria is like a mini continent, its got a whole range of climates, its totally different in the north, lush and green, made a nice change from the south as it was just the opposite. You can drive round the whole island in a day piece of cake.
If sea and sand is what u want sure u wont be dissapointed, bird on tow aswell u lucky bugger. :D

Enjoy. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Paul.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.