Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so got the boosting sorted, i was backwards with the actuator :eek: MUCH better now, but was too busy watching the road to keep an eye on the un-lit guage! I turned the rotary swicth(EDS PHASE 3) to position 3 and floored it, and was confronted by a whooshing type noise and juddering. Sounded like the noise came from the rear end somewhere, but it could be tricking me as the car is stripped out and sound move in funny ways!

Ive only got a 2.25" straight through exhaust system on the car so could this be restricting it and preventing airflow? Or could it be down to a lack of fuel, i.e. adjustable FPR not correctly set up or fuel pump failing to cope?

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
a wooshin sound could indicate a loose or blown off hose on boost. go round and check all your hose connections and make sure they are secure.

2.25 exhaust should be fine i would imagine, if restrictive at all it would be at high revs.

fuelling is another matter though - if you are in ANY doubt at all about the effectiveness of the system get it checked out before boosting the car or it could end with a bang. you'd really need to get it on a rolling road with a fuel pressure gauge on and an emmissions probe up the exhaust to see how its fuelling.

rodgerq

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, ive had the boost hose problem before, but its not that this time! I really want to get it on the rolling roadbut am stuck for money now as the car went into the bodyshop this morning.maybe ill have to run it at pvs on standard boost :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, was thinking about it missing, said to lee mitchell last night bout that. When its cold, if im pulling away gently, i.e. taking it easy off the drive(as the cars really low) i try riding the clutch but cant hold the revvs, they just keep dropping and i have to give it more throttle to keep it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts