Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started this in February 2003, nearly two 1/2 years later I've (sort of) finished it. I estimate around 250 hours went into this, I've been constantly messing and tweaking it, before starting from scratch with the body a couple of months ago, it's been a test platform really.

Hope y'all like it!

(piccies not 'ere anymore!)

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
very impressed mate :D great work.

what format is it in ? if you wanted it incorperated into a screensaver or some other kinda graphical demo, I've been contemplating making something like that, where you can customize the car(colours, wheels etc) for your screen saver, but don't have time to make the models. give me a pm!

Steve :beer:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
StationMiek said:
I started this in February 2003, nearly two 1/2 years later I've (sort of) finished it. I estimate around 750 hours went into this, I've been constantly messing and tweaking it, before starting from scratch with the body a couple of months ago, it's been a test platform really.
750 hours? dont you have a girlfriend :confused:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I have worked with 3D progs before, and even though I consider myself to have a very spacially aware 3D mind, I found it ****ing hard. To make that car is a huge achivement. Very very impressed. Well done mate :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
i've done basic CAD when i was at college, i'm guessing that astra is some serious work. we just done basic shapes etc - that was more than enuff trouble for me!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Not very realistic - where's the rust ? lmao

Just kidding - an excellent piece of work !

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
MartG said:
Not very realistic - where's the rust ? lmao

Just kidding - an excellent piece of work !
LOL! Thats what I was thinking! Excellent work mate!

·
Registered
23,729 Posts
Now all you have to do is work out how Vaux make it fade and do it various shades of "vauxhall pink" for that really authentic look ;)

Good work though - looks good :beer:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
750hr's?

What else were you doing at the time or were you only using your nose to do it?

·
Registered
749 Posts
thats looking sweet mate!

i love white alloys on red cars, shame my cars white :(

1 - 20 of 114 Posts