Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all the engine rebuilt last night and she fired up to plumes of brown smoke!lmao lmao This was mearly a touch of overfuelling so once this had been sorted the car idled perfectly even with the 4kg flywheel in. The only problem i have is it says my coolant sensor voltage is high (replaced it and still doing it) and my ive disturbed sommit on the apexi wiring but nothing that cannot be sorted out today!

Took the car out and just drove it carefully, all well so today i may give it a bit more.

I had to replace my powersteering idle/tensioner wheel as it was completely knacked! Bit of a t wat to replace but all ok now. (this would have caused loads of vibration so possible knock sensor agitatitor:p

niggles thats all now

Exhaust tomorrow
:D :D

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right just spoken to Gav and he reckons i have got a break in the coolant wire! what a t wat but easy to sort out i suppose:)

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Brian, spec is essentially phase 4 but without some of the EDS bits which they reckon are essential! Ive gone for water injection to do my piston crown cooling (instead of oil spray bars)and after speaking to Ash at EDS its the standard rod bolts that break not the rods (though will be going steel rods later on what ever happens).

Here is list of things that were changed:

Cylinderhead gas flowed with heavy emphasise on the exhaust side, matched to exhaust gasket and turbo manifold. (courtesy of Poole Performance in Swindon) though he was well dodgy lmao and then head completely overhauled at local engineers shop with some combustion chamber work as well!

ARP Head Stud kit

500cc/min MSD Injectors

Phase 4 ECU

Helix paddle clutch

Bosch 909 Fuel pump, which split my fuel hose in the engine bay lmao

Back to standard 3 bar fuel pressure
new water pump
ERL water injection flow monitor (to be sure its really working)

3" Exhaust from turbo (fitted tomorrow)

New powersteering tensioner

Top mount suspension bearings (old ones were mullered)

SBD Steel idler pulleys

Fidanza 4kg Flywheel

Oh and some new rotors for me brakes as the old ones are cracked to hell.

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
4K?? Are you sure?

Bloody hell mate I took my cav Gsi one down to 5.5 and that was bad enough.

Mind you, you will lose speed on hills a bit with a flywheel that light im afraid.

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mavv with 370bhp a loss of hill speed is unlikely;) Mavv the flywheel is aluminium with a small steel mating face! Believe me its bloody light.

edited by RDS

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Neil no need to pick up ya ecu mate! ive found my spare one, i think its a break in the wiring anyway!

Rob

As for comment above:rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is there any "car swopping at RWYB days between now and April gen?"

:D

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Neil Adams said:
No probs m8. Make sure u bring it round if it's a goer tonight.
Neil will have to do this friday mate as im not gonna give it full rocks until the exhaust is done and ive got a couple hundred miles on the clock! Contrary to popular belief im not as much of a butcher to my engine as people think:p

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
0ddball said:
well that depends if you can take beating yourself, if you catch my meaning.
Odders as long as you turn some good times in i don't care;)

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oooohhhh tell you what i have noticed! the paddle clutch is now where near as harsh as i thought it was gonna be! would that have anything to do with the lighter flywheel??

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
If it's the same paddle clutch as mine it's got some sort of progressive spring that takes a lot of the hashness out of it. It's not a proper racing paddle clutch, more a fast road item.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
yeah the actual plates are the same as the rally slag version, but its sprung in a similiar style to the standard clutch.

i'd hate to drive one of the solid unsprung ceramic jobs.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts