Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know - that they are vauxhall bodystyling gods, but i have always thought that they look like chavey bolt on goodies.
IMHO they don't look 'factory' apart from the odd grill( later vaux astra)
Probably gone an pissed on somebody's parade come on astra Mk2 widebody kit:yuck:

·
Registered
231 Posts
i like the rieger infinity kit on an astra, specailly front splitter and side skirts, much better than anything irmsher has to offer i reckon

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
never been a fan of irmscher stuff, far too subtle looking for my liking, i prefer something with a bit of aggression behind its looks ( give me a mynheeer kit any day ) <<<< only kidding by the way

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
Irmscher is probably the least chavvy body mod range you can get. Far better than tacky air dams and jap style wings that belong on Saxos! lmao

·
Registered
231 Posts
Chavtastic said:
Irmscher is probably the least chavvy body mod range you can get. Far better than tacky air dams and jap style wings that belong on Saxos! lmao
gotta agree, think thats why i like the rieger kit, not too far over the top. my mates are constantly having a go saying "looks too standard" but i dont want a chavvy saxo with an ironing board for a spoiler and a jap bumper that belongs on an RX7

... bottom line is, my mates are all wrong, there is such thing as crossing the line and going too far till ur car starts looking tacky ...

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
**Add_Gee gives b3nle a virtual slap** :p

Personally im a fan of quite a few of the Irmscher kits, Calibra x2, astra 2 and 3, nova spider!

I think they are better designed to suit the lines of the cars rather than generic stuff from other makers...

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Chavtastic said:
Agreed Steve, and that astra above looks bang on (apart from being a five door!)
It isnt, its a 4door. ;) Seriously tho, i dont usually like 4 door Astras much but for some reason (must be the kit) i love that one. That and the 200ts of course.
I dont personally think the Irmscher stuff looks chavvy although some of it im not overly keen on. I certainly prefer the later stuff than what was avaliable for say cavs and mk2 astras.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Aye, Irmscher/Stienmetz stuff is sooooooooooooooooooooo tacky.......

Corsa B....

Or maybe this will do instead lmao

Or maybe a Corsa C?

Irmscher stuff is good,
its plastic, not this tacky fibre glass stuff.
You can do normal speeds and not watch the bumpers fly off down the motorway.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't doubt the build quality, but, for me the kits just dont look right. :(
Nice car ben 21, :beer: but the side skirts dont match the car for me, and all they have done is extend the length of the bumpers.

ben21 said:
I don't think its chav

Are these side skirts the same as the calibra ones?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
BYRON 2 said:
Agreed. it looks awful....

this is definately the best bodystyling irmscher have done, I suppose i would say that though as i have it on my mk4, but TBH its the only irmscher kit I like, not too keen on the kits for other models

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
imcsherry said:
That MIGHT look OK with body coloured rub strips and a net set of 17" or 18" wheels.
But what if you like the concourse/mint/unmodified look? I hate to disagree but anything but Irmscher/Zender on the Calibra just looks stuck-on and out of place IMO. The Calibra is a stunner from the factory :beer:

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chavtastic said:
The Calibra one isn't over the top IMO ;)

Thats fooking awful:yuck:
i rest my case.

As my earlier post states i like the astra kit, its the only one i like.:nod:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Irmscher stuff is normally spot on, can't wait to get my kit fitted to my coupe, looks so much better with it on.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts