Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
can you not just get one of the jackplug "imitation tape" converters? I use that with my MP3 player..works well.

No fartarsing about with the radio etc at all..:)

·
Registered
918 Posts
GOOD answer..lmao

Really can't be bothered to upgrade mine...I have a deck sat in the garage with tape/radio and a front/rear jackplug for anything external..nice unit, but again..can't be arsed to fit it..dont seem to have any inclination to mod this Astra!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I'd of thought something like that would be illegal or need a special license because it broadcasts a signal.:confused:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-Sye said:
I'd of thought something like that would be illegal or need a special license because it broadcasts a signal.:confused:
I though they where to. Thanks Lethal, y've just answered me next question :D

If the feds stop me for clogging up their radios with Girls Aloud I'll just blame you. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Rogue Pieman said:
Has any one used one of them (or something similar)?
If so are they any good?

For those who divint know what one is: Y' plug y' ipod into one, tune your car radio into a certain FM fequency and you can listen to your iPod through y car speakers.

For example:

http://www.essentialipod.co.uk/product.php?xProd=2124&xSec=13
my wifes mate has one...although to be honest it doesnt matter what quality your mp3's are on the ipod...it just sounds like you are listening to the radio :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm after one of these transmitter things, but it's not for an iPod - anyone got any ideas for one that can be used with anything that has a 3.5mm stereo jack on it?

·
Registered
387 Posts
just get a 3.5mm jack lead, plug it in the aux plug in the back of the radio, have the other end strategicly and discreetly pretuding from the dash and plug the iPod in there, never have issues with radio sterios interfering with your iPod frequency .... thats what I have done!

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
i got bluetooth from my ipod to my car stereo , all in perfect digital stereo sound using the new bluetooth profile of a2dp which is the new high fidelity in stereo bluetooth standard:p

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's not actually just for the car that I want it :) And I've got a VDO CDR-500 in my Mk4 which apparently doesn't have an aux socket on the back except for a phone input that comes through the front in mono.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts