Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....and I was in the Cavalier...

Now, it looked like some old boy showing his son 'what he could do'. Evidently, he couldn't do an awful lot as SPi Cavalier 1800 made chase across the Somerset levels.

Saw him come out of a side road almost sideways, with charger on full chat. Pulled up at a set of traffic lights on a dual carriageway, I was behind a car that was behind him. Lights went green, two cars in front barely moved....so for a laugh, I jumped into the other lane to get past them and followed these chaps for about 5 miles. Either he couldn't drive for 5hit or the Cooper S is very over rated. Did a few silly things. Evidently, the Cooper S was quicker, but this chap seemed to be barely putting anything between him and me. Was quite amusing.

Pulled up at a roundabout, wound the window down and muttered (loudly) something along the lines of "That's not very quick is it....this thing's only a 1.8!” laughed and drove off.

Must say, with either his poor driving or Cooper S's seemingly lack of performance, my Astra would have totally wiped the floor with it.

I am sure these things are a lot quicker.....

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must have been this chap's driving. I see no logical reason why a cooper S wouldn't totally waste a slow and misserable 1800Spi!! lmao

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
SimonP said:
Must have been this chap's driving. I see no logical reason why a cooper S wouldn't totally waste a slow and misserable 1800Spi!! lmao
You get his number plate? Could actually check it was a Cooper S then.

Cooper S has ~ 165bhp (EDIT: 170bhp and 220Nm torque) so I think we have to presume either it wasn't a Cooper S, or the driver thought it was an Auto and left it in first gear.

Perhaps the convertibles have less power?

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about noting the reg. It sounded like one, twin centre exit exhaust.

Was also thinking like you, that the cabrios have less power.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
The proper S cars are suitbaly quite quick. The others aren't. He probably couldn't drive it properly.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
SimonP said:
Was also thinking like you, that the cabrios have less power.
Checked their website, same power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts