Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok al i want is some gen on intercoolers. sizes(inluding depth from front to back), materials, just anythin so that i can have as much info as possible when i come to get mine done.

also whats better

1. having a large surface are core even though some(maybe most) of it is gona be hid from air flow

or

2. a smaller core where all the surface is gona be in air flow

i want to know cause when i do mine itll be behind a gsi or gte bumper and i want it as stealthy as possible. i dont mind big mouthin the bumper and meshin it but i dotn wanna hack the bumper into unrecognition either.

cheers

rodgerq

·
Registered
805 Posts
You'll not get a decent size IC behind a GTE/GSI bumper without doing a lot of chopping. If you where to get one to fit without cutting then it wouldnt be very efficiant.

Rob

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
If you want to get really trick, have a look at the original rally Audi Quattros. To make room for a bigger intercooler up front, they located the oil coolers under the rear spoiler. Just right for a GTE !;)

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
yep,

i asked the same q a few weeks back. the concensous was that obviously in direct air flow was good but with suitable ducting etc you can fit some of the IC behind the bumper :D ;)

dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts