Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swings and roundabouts really.

The chargecooler will be better even if you are sitting in traffic BUT only for a short period as their is a reservoir of cold water which will take longer to heat up than an intercooler which has nothing but flowing air to keep it cool.

The intercooler is only better if its large enough e.g. the one you get from Wallace Performance and thats when its moving.

The reason a smaller chargecooler can be used is due to the heat transfer rate of water being a lot higher than air. Only thing is, the sheer size of the large Calibra intercooler beats any chargecooler but ONLY when its moving.

Upto yourself really but if you have a Calibra then the intercooler is better and a LOT easier to fit.

Rich

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which is the best??

An intercooler will be better at top end but not as good at the bottom end or when stood in traffic for example.

Most suppliers seem to be going back for the Inter-cooler's after vouching for the Charge-coolers for a while.

In an un-biased opinion which is the best investment overall?

·
Banned
12,030 Posts
Hi Andy,
Take my word for it the intercooler from Wallace is excellent.
Infact the increase in performance from it has caused my clutch to start slipping...what a b!tch!!!
I only fitted the intercooler yesterday. Its a bit tricky but well worth the effort.

Rob.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.