Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a set of red injectors, and I was wondering where the best place would be to get them cleaned/tested

I was quoted £15+vat per injector from a place in Ashford. Bit pricey me thinks...:beer:

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Same hear, places in Maidstone and Medway wanted £15 per injector + VAT. See Cavvysri, he'll do you a good price (he cleaned my C20LETs for me).

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much is that?

I'm not getting much change from £200 with the used crap and cleaning (I hope the new O-rings are included in the price!)

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
i paid about 110 all in. have to change the fuel filter too.

I cant remember how much new injectors are, but i remember it being ALLOT.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
> so how much would these injectors be new, anyway?

Just read on another post that Green injectors are £40 ea, so £160 for a set. May be better off buying new bigger injectors than clean them!

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think these jokers at SAAB have now pushed up the prices for the 'reds' with all this sudden increase in demand.
They quoted me £80+vat+carriage, kinda £105 just for the junk

Cleaning&polishing, 200squid for scrapyard material (if you think about it!)

I'm not reducing Fuel Pressure, I want ALL THE AFR GREEN LIGHTS, ALL THE TIME. I paid good money for this.

yeah, changed the fuel filter 2 weeks ago, I got a nice fuel shower in the face. Good for those persistent teenager spots.
The increased fuel pressured sprang a leak in the fuel pipes 1 foot down the line. You can't win, can you?lmao

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
> They quoted me £80+vat+carriage, kinda £105 just for the junk

Where was this from?
Was this for new injectors or 2nd hand (hence you need them ultrasonically cleaned)?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
There's a couple on this board that have their own or access to injector cleaning machines. Cavvysri and brooklands I think. Both were offering real good prices for cleaning and reconning them.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Topbuzz said:
Where was this from?
Was this for new injectors or 2nd hand (hence you need them ultrasonically cleaned)?
Second hand, Neo Brothers

They're taking advantage of the Vaux suckers, aren't they?:mad:

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was my 2.3L 84 M-reg Saab (red) I was enquiring about.
Also checked the part number.

Anyone know how much these injectors would be new?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts