Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered a PYLE In Dash 5" Tv Headunit With the DVD Player to go with it. On research into the PYLE product i've found out that the person has bought it from america and had it shipped over.

Will it still work on our cars?
Will it plug straight in with the exisiting connectors for the radio?

I know that the radio station frequency's are different and you cant pick up even numbers cause of the product being american you need to tune it for odd number's. I'm not bothered bout that cause up here in scotland there all odd number's for the stations i listen to the most.

For 95.8 (If it exists) you need to tune into 95.5 to get it to work.

I was just wondering if this will be an easy straight fit.

the tuner is built into the headunit so i was hopin i just pull out the 2 connectors from the back of my old radio and the aerial wire and plug them into the tv headunit and hook up the dvd player as told and it should work.

If anyone knows please help before i buy and discover it's a waste of cash

·
Registered
68 Posts
The radio being one problem also if the DVD in not muli region you will only be able to play region 1 formats.

I think youll be better off buying a product from the uk.

L

·
0 Posts
Have a look here

You can import your own one cheap.

My mate got a multi region dvd player and 7" indash screen for under £300.

Shipping was about £20 and he asked for a gift to be put on the box so not to get charged for import tax

www.mp3playerstore.com

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx for the help guy's. I went the car shop 2day and priced it all and the guy wanted £1200 for the tv and dvd player but when i told him i could get it shipped from america for £650 for the same stuff he dropped the price to £800 and threw in a free antenna for it :D so i saved quite alot and i'm happy.

Instead of gettin the 5" screen i got the 7" widescreen version and a dvd player all for £800 lol i think that is a good deal.

I was gonna order it from USA but after i thought bout all the hassle i would have sending it back if it don't work and stuff i thought it wasnt worth the hassle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motoring World in Glasgow and the model number of the headunit is PYLTV7R. It's got a 7" widescreen.

I got it all wired up the day no problem but as usual nuffin goes as simple :(

When i pushed the headunit into the dash it fit's in perfect but when u open the screen it hit's off where the heater controls are then shuts. So i had to take it all out till i get a way of securing it so it open's and shuts perfect.

If anyone has any solutions to this probem it's the mk2 dashboard i'm fittin it into where the radio sits down near the floor above the ashtray. I'm wishing i kept my mk1 dash now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pyle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts