Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a Nova and the amount of grief i get from other drivers because im in a Nova is quite amazing.

A mate of mine has a Veilside Kitted MR2 Turbo and noone gives him any problems.

I can understand why.

But wondering with the car YOU drive, do you get any hassle like this?

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
i love it in my car. As its a granny wagon people are a bit surprised if i cane it.

And in the same vein nobody gets pissed off if i drive slow.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
My old brown 1.3 Nova was an odd one. Used to get all the **** cars trying to race it, totally underestimating it. Police never really batted an eyelid to it really either, which was nice.

Volvo was quite good. Had a bit of respect on motorways.

Never really had a car which someone would call a 'nice car' though.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Mmm, the great thing about driving a Vectra is that no-one really looks at you. You blend into the background.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I got a bright red, low GSI and its sweet looking
but i get no hassel from anyone not even POLICE

lost of people stare but i get no tailgaiting ect ect

p

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
i get no bother either, which is surprising considering how much of a terrorist it is.

I get the odd nova or saxo everynow and then, glued to my back bumper round town with something to prove. If theyd just like to step outside (the dual carriageway up the road) i;m sure we could settle it like men.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
well i got a black cav gsi with white 17's and it lowered, never been stopped by the ol bill, and no one ever looks to take me on, they just look to admire.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Used to get loads of bother in the nova, from general people, racers, muppets, police (spot checks number plate fines etc)

Now i have the bmw, no hassle at all- been pulled once in 4 or 5 months-no fines, no spot checks etc.

Although it has been said by more than one person that i do look like a pimp.........:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Yep, I get tailgated, Raced, Stopped by Old Bill, The DVLA for an emissions test, You name the situation, I've probably been in it.

Now where was the autotrader?!? Maybe it's because I drive a nice, fast nova and i'm young?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I must be the lukiest fella around,

Ive been driving 6 years and ive had 5 Nova's a Mk2 Golf and now a Series 1 all modified in one way or another and ive never been pulled by the old bill :p

I know what u mean about driving a Nova though, even the little things like people not lettin gyou out ov Junctions ect ect People turn there nose's up at you

****ers

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Worst thing is when your not looking for any hassle, minding your own business and some **** thinks he will give all that for no reason.
Probably one of the reasons I opted for the 2litre16v lump, so no f***er will want to come near me, as i will probably make them look silly.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Daz9124 said:
I must be the lukiest fella around,

Ive been driving 6 years and ive had 5 Nova's a Mk2 Golf and now a Series 1 all modified in one way or another and ive never been pulled by the old bill :p

I know what u mean about driving a Nova though, even the little things like people not lettin gyou out ov Junctions ect ect People turn there nose's up at you

****ers
I have been stopped to check it isnt stolen 3 times.
Suddenly I am a dodgy geezer in a dodgy car.
I would rather it wasnt such a boyracer/theift target, but in general things arnt to bad.
I miss the undercover nature of the 420 turbo, but I dont get many people trying to race me so its no big problem.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It's a common problem, one of the reasons my brother sold his nova sr was because the police told him it was a marked car and they would pull it everytime they saw it.
Thing that winds me up is I pay alot of money to run/maintain the car to get branded a boy racer, which I am not.
Bad choice of car at a young age.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got pulled more times in my old MG Metro when I was 17 than in anything I ever owned since, even the 888 Coupe

Get a lot of pricks trying to race the Vectra cos from behind it looks pretty standard - they soon get a suprise! Anyone who sees the size of the brakes knows it's gonna go and backs off :p

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
0ddball said:
I got pulled about 3 times when i was younger. Its the age old story, young guy in powerful car, must be stolen.
Alas, This is 3 times at night by being followed.
it could have been my dad driving and they wouldnt have known.
There has been an increase in car crime which might be an indicator as to the reason.

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
BYRON said:
It's a common problem, one of the reasons my brother sold his nova sr was because the police told him it was a marked car and they would pull it everytime they saw it.
Yeah, the second copper said to me:

"Red Astra, you are gunna get pulled a lot".

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
It's a joke, but to be fair, novas do get nicked and I would like to hope that the police would pull mine if it ever did get nicked, but by just looking at my car, you wouldnt spend so much cosmetically and spend none on security, so the chance of it getting nicked is very slim (unless they are very very very good), but vandalised is the more often thing i have come accross.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts