Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
What is your Idle Fuel Consumption in Astra Mk2 GTE 16V on Board Computer? I am looking to buy that car, and among other things, I wish to check that . Therefore, I am interested in factory engine state+minor "tweaks" (no cat, exaust, maybe K&N). The car that catches my eye is BY89 imported from Switzerland, with cat taken out after import 97. He says it has serious "visual" tuning, but the engine is original exept exaust. I will post my findings after I visit him in couple of days...
George

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
I'm presumming you're from Switzerland, or at least not from Britain. Anyway our British GTE 16v does not have an on-board computer, so can't help you there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Under normal driving conditions I would expect the GTE to do 28/29mpg ish. My cavalier has the same engine but does about 27 so the weight difference must be worth 2mpg

Oh yeah you wanted idle speed.. DOH!!! 0.3 on idle

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
My Cally shows 0.2 gal/hr when fully warmed through, though it changes to 0.3 if I switch on the lights or rear screen heater - even with the added intake restriction of the turbo which doesn't do anything useful at tickover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.