Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Some prat tried to steal my Nova 1.4i,

Anyway in their feebal atempt they snapped the end of a flat head screw driver in the lock it self so the key only goes in half way so I can't undo the steering lock. They also bent the door lock and then smashed the drivers window.
Any cleaver ideas to remove it? I cant get it to postion 2 to remove the lock either, and cant drill off the toqure sheer bolt either.

Thanks in Advance

Martin

·
Registered
195 Posts
maybe use a stronger flathead screwdriver to force it around to position 2 to release the barrel?...its already knackered anyway, what have you got to loose?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,042 Posts
Try a very strong magnet attached to another piece of flat steel and see if the broken end of the screw driver attaches to it and pull it out gently, you can also try some super glue just a little so that the broken bit will stick with the piece you are inserting without sm,earing to the barrel., worth trying even a double sided foam type of tape with just enough surface area to cover the tip of the screw driver bit and it may stick with the broken bit and pull it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts