1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right folks I'm definitely going to organise the following:

- Santa Pod RWYB drag day in March

- Scrapyard run / show and shine meet, in the spring once the weather is dry

- Mountain biking in May (if we can get enough interest)

- Convoy drive to the coast at Whitby over the East Yorkshire moors, for a few games on the beach and then a sunset barbecue / drinks. This will be mid summer, maybe on the longest day?

- East Mids mega summer Vauxhall meet at the Peacock hotel. Using all the forums and Facebook we will aim to FILL the Peacock with Vauxhalls for a fantastic show. We've had 30+ cars before so I'm sure with more promotion we can get 80 to 100. Maybe do some Billing style voting forms for best car, best engine bay, best Ceramic Blue Calibra on 19s etc.

- Track day at Donnington Park, Cadwell Park or other East Mids track.

All other ideas welcome, and discussion of the above.

I will set dates over the coming weeks so we all have enough notice to book time off work :thumb:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Blyton Park isn't a bad track for novices and just outside Gainsborough so not too far. Can also camp there if you let them know in advance

·
East Mids Regional Co-ordinator
1,497 Posts
I Did look into Blyton last year but didnt get enough interest, the guys there were pretty good with me when i called him about setting up at mig day. It is meant to be a good track.
some good ideas there mate but whitby, although nice could be a bit of a trek for some of the region, might be a better idea to do it in lincoln based coast town just cos that way we are incorporating the lincs members of east mids region for something for a change.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm up for some trips out. I agree with the above comment about Whitby, although it is lovely there it is a long journey for some.

There is always sunny Skegness?

·
Registered
30 Posts
id be up for a run round blyton park as i live in lincoln about 30 miles away. problem i have is dates of these events. i work shifts, so i need dates in advance so i can get cover or get it booked off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi im new on here but interested in a meet, wheres the peacock hotel?

im a premium member of the z22se.co.uk owners club so could get a few people to come.

im in chesterfield own a vectra c and a corsa c. cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to pvs last year, we are planning to go again this year i think but as a club

but defo interested in others in any abit more local to chesterfield

·
East Midlands Regional Coordinator
40,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
East Mids Regional Co-ordinator
1,497 Posts
Peacock Hotel, Oakerthorpe, Alfreton, Derbyshire DE55 7LN

Second sunday of every month, so next one will be 12 jan 2014

1 - 17 of 17 Posts