Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some info i gathered from............

Regal's website:

6 Speed 2WD Conversion Kit

Description 6 speed 2 wheel drive conversion kit.

Do it yourself kit no drilling required cheapest and most effective on the market
Price £85.00

and the other kit they sell for the conversition....:confused:

6 speed conversion kit

Description Convert your 6 speed gear box to 2 wheel drive with our easy conversion kit, kit consists of 1 modified flange, 1 bush adapter and 1 oil seal.
Price £150.00

^^^^ whats the difference between these two kits they sell? :confused:

also here is PVD's option:

F28 FWD Conversion kit £119.95

When Vauxhall decided to fit the 2.0 litre 16v turbo engine into the Cavalier and Calibra, they needed a 6-speed gearbox to do this engine justice. Getrag were the company commissioned to make the 'box and the F28 was born.
As both the Cavalier and the Calibra Turbos run the 4x4 system, this box will not fit straight into any front wheel drive Vauxhall. However, this kit includes the parts and full instructions to convert the F28 into a FWD gearbox which can be fitted to either the turbo, or a normally aspirated 2.0 engine

( no pics of what is actual supplied by PVD though...:rolleyes:)

So you guys can help explain the diference between the kits cheers adam
:) :beer:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
i don't know the difference but when V-tuning did my car over a year ago they charged me £100 fitted for the kit

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
The Regal kit bad but I can't remember why.

V-tuning charged me £120 and it was done in June - guess there was a price increase ;)

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
cemesis- i had it done before the the company was even set up i think they did all the work on daves driveway

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh i c..cheers for advice peeps!!!!! :eek: :)

sozzz best i go to v-tuning and take the F28 box to them right?? :confused: How far is it from Pencoed in Wales...and would they do it same day so i could bring the box back in one trip ? :(

cheers again adam :)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Ermmmmm - I still wanna know about the Regal conversion kit. I know the Regal name is mud but if it saves me £40 and hassel lugging my box over to V-tuning, it's gotta be worth it.

Is anyone at all running with this kit & whats the GEN!!!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Nice to see the fitting kits shown above are incomplete :rolleyes:

V-TUNING charge £110 to convert an F28 to FWD and that includes ALL parts and labour required to carry out the job. Obviously if LSD's etc are required aswell then the price is increased.

V-TUNING are based in W. Sussex so if its to much of a treck then they can accept the box via post if required and then send back as soon as the work is complete.

For more info mail [email protected] or call 07812 822739

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers notnormal!!! :D just emailed em for me query...:

Hi matey,

I have finally got my hands on a cav turbo engine and F28 box which im gonna fit into my cav gsi (2wd).

I was told off the car club im in (www.migweb.co.uk) that you can convert the F28 box for me for £110.00 to convert an F28 to FWD and that includes ALL parts and labour required to carry out the job.

The thing is im living in Bridgend, Wales and wanna know if its better i come up with the box in my car for first thing in the morning when u open up..and if so would prefer to get it back same day so i wouldnt have to make two trips..up to West Sussex ugg.. :/

But if you can post it how much would it cost for me to send it to you and then for you to send it back and also how long would it take to do the job..? (if i couldn't get it done same day as in bringing it up to you...?

Please..please...let me know if you can do this please a.s.a.p. cause the engine is waiting to go in.

Cheers Adam

*hope i get a quick response...:(

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice to see the fitting kits shown above are incomplete
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please could you explain.

Cheers

We want to know, we want to know, we want to know!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just got a email reply from David @ V-Tuning....

Hello Adam

Ok, not a problem. We can indeed convert the box for you and if you wish to travel down and have the work carried out we can sort it out within the day, ideally though we would prefer you came one day during the week (ie Monday to Friday). To arrange a time then its best to call 07812 822739 and sort out the details over the phone with me Dad (Henryk). Your carrect in saying though that we charge £110 to carry out the conversion to FWD. Could you also inform us either by phone or mail as to what speedo clocks you are using (ie 140 or 160mph)

If indeed you wanted to courier the F28 to us I think from memory its about £30 each way.

Hope this helps
Regards
David

looks like i be making a trip up to sussex now...:p :D

But i have a major query here....as u may or may not know im fitting a cav turbo engine and the 6 speed box to my cav gsi..but im wondering do i use the cav turbo front driveshafts with the f28 or can i use the drive shafts that are on my cav gsi going into my f20 box? Also..i have the cav turbo speedo but will this go straight into my cav gsi when im running the F28 box? I know the f28 box should hook up to the cav turbo speedo otherwsie u wont get the right speedo readings...:rolleyes: but i was told u cant hook the cav turbo speedo up in my cav gsi to a f28 nevertheless...wtf??? :confused:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts