Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they just did.

my cars been broken into, they've f**ked both locks, the drivers door, had my headunit, all my CD's, broken part of the dash too.

Im so gutted, I didnt think my week off could get any worse and now its hit rock bottom. had it keyed, got the cops accumsing me f dangerous driving, had problems with a bird, all in 4 days.

had a really good days yesterday, went to STT's (simon) where we sorted the sump gasket, track rod ends, decided to put a manual steering rack in, rebuilt the rear hubs with new discs, pads, shoes bearing - the works. The car felt so much better after that.

Then tonight, I went ot AstraSteve23's, and left the car there and went to out new car - a £20 fiesta which we've bought and are using as a farm car for pssing around in. We've had problems with the tie bar so we went to fix that. we were gone half and hour and when we came back - it had been broken into. On a busy road in broad day light. Ive got feeleres out all over already, all my mates are looking out for the bits so you never know. Think its the gipos in rookesbridge so Steves just been down and got all the plates and had a look to see if he can see it anywhere. Also his neighbour has a security camera so that might turn up something.

Hopefully fixing it shouldnt be to hard but about 10 CD's have gone and the headunit was worth about £100. the doors a total loos, its messed up around the lock and also Ive kicked it in rage.

Im not sure where I satnd on audio insurnace, or if i will claim. But should I take some pictures? before its fixed (hopefully tomorrow if I can get hold of simon - hes got a right colour door at his place and a complete lock set)

gutted. one day I keep telling myself a spot of good luck will come my way, but its hard to keep smiling when i cant actually rember the last really good thing that happened to me. Maybe I'll get this new job on friday.

p.s. woe betide that copper when he comes to mine tomorrow what about the real f**king crimnals? chase me over some bulls**t claims by some busybosy when Ive had my car go from mint to what may as well be wrecked in under a week.....

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Nightmare. Hopefully things work out. These things happen to us all at times but then things start to pick up again.
Ive found that every couple of months something really bad happens and then it gets better and gets good again and then something else happens and so on.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
would it help if i said ive been driving a sh-t heap around for 6 months, and that i might miss pvs because the body shop have had my astra for 2 months and only managed to fit 2 sills, smash the indicator and drivers wing "pushing" the car in and out the workshop twice a day, muller the battery trying to start the engine without the imobiliser key, and because the battery is dead the car is left outside with the drivers window wound down, doors unlocked, bonnet on the latch, while at the same time promising me it will be two weeks everytime i go down there and bust their balls.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, just spoken to simon, and I'll have a new door in the right colour and a lock set by tommrow lunch time, cheers mate:beer::beer:

they also tried haveing my 6X9's, but they must have given up. they've pulled the back seats forwards, then pushed them back, but where the belt slipped over the catch they havent gone back into place right.

·
Premium Member
28,725 Posts
0ddball said:
would it help if i said ive been driving a sh-t heap around for 6 months, and that i might miss pvs because the body shop have had my astra for 2 months and only managed to fit 2 sills, smash the indicator and drivers wing "pushing" the car in and out the workshop twice a day, muller the battery trying to start the engine without the imobiliser key, and because the battery is dead the car is left outside with the drivers window wound down, doors unlocked, bonnet on the latch, while at the same time promising me it will be two weeks everytime i go down there and bust their balls.
Sounds like time to grab the car mate, I wouldn't stand for it.

Paul

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Yer man thats a **** brett my mate had his rs van broken into while on holiday........gimp left outside his house on the road tho not the drive. Dont ask me why.....he had 5k's ice nicked......great good to come home to. To top it off his ped got knicked the next week. Also only last week his orien got broken into they only did the window & ripped of the cowling under the wheel.

I've had my car broken into ice nicked & car attempted also.

Oddball take your car mate......say u ***ked my door & mirror i want the sills for free. Then go find somewhere else.

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nah havent upset anyone, I dont make enemys and im not a particually offensive/in your face person, I get on with most people in the area.

TBH the car wasnt at home it was at a mates 7 miles away, I cant see how they would have know it was there, or why they wouldnt have done it when it was keyed.

who knows, maybe all this bad luck means a whole dollop of it will happen friday morning! goodbye carp wages/job here comes some real good money and a job I really want and will take me all over devon, cornwall and somerset:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Brett said:
nah havent upset anyone
what about those doggers u stumbled accross, then there was a big arguement in chitchat about boyracers harrasing doggers etc....

werent u at the center of that?

just a thought, not as if u deserve this...

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Hard luck. now how you feel mate.

Same happened to me last year exactly the same except I chased them down the road in my slippers and pants at 3am in the ****in rain!

The police won't do much because its not worth the police time.

If it is the gippo's - leave it! Not worth the agro mate. be careful tho. You've all seen Snatch - that **** really happens!!

Simps.

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
Jesus mate, what more can happen?

Hope you get some luck soon, hopefully on friday!

Good luck mate.

P.S. Comments about gypos, very true. If you do something, dont let them know its you, as they will find where u live and make ur life hell mate. So use a balaclava! ;)

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
That's f**king lame matey, hope you catch the scum responsible.

Don't let it get you down too much though, that's a nice GTE you've got there, and I'm sure the effort it may take to get it back to A1 nick is more than worth it in the long run. :beer:

Best of luck with the job btw :D

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
went to the gippos site today, had a look round but couldnt see anything. The local dodgy market is on tomorrow morning so Ive borrowed a rounders bat - for what its ruddy worth - of an ex-g/f and Im gonna go down and persude the new keeper of my stereo to return it.

big cheers to simon for his efforts today:beer::beer: at least outwardly the car no longer bears the scars of my temper and the theiveslmaolmaolmao

oh ad the copper didnt even phone me, so Im of top report the theft and get some awnsers for the pigs tomorrow morining.

Adam - the job is wioth FSC in Cheddar, they are a supplier of sandwhices of all things, Its in thier marketing/sales department. I'll cover the whole south west, have a company car, and could I be on 17k in 6 months time:)

Ian - welcome back:beer::beer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.