Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I THINK the permanent live and the switched live MAY need swapping over. I have a 92J reg Gsi and when I was hooking up my headunit to the ISO connector I had to swap these over otherwise the headunit would lose it's memory each time it was switched off. I could be different for later ones or a peculiarity of the Alpine units I have fitted, I dunno. Ask Andy K, he'll know for sure. Other than that it's just a case of plugging it in.

Chameleon.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
i've got a jvc and had to swap over the lives to keep the memory, actually its wired up at the mo so it can be switched on independant of the ignition. sos i don't burn out the coil when i want to work on the stereo. most head units have the lives of the loom split so the lives can be changed around easy to make life easy. have fun!

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cavman, so the cavalier hasnt got a aux.circuit ie :eek:ne click on the ignition key lets you listen to the stereo,you have to have it on the last one before it fires so the coils are on to listen to music ?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
As far as I know, the "First Click" is just the steering lock release and dosen't actually switch anything on. The about arsed wiring is a Vauxhall peculiarity (Who said ISO connectors were standard?)
you can also mount the multiplayer in the boot I.E. against the back seat or up against the side. The advantage of putting it in the glovebox is that you don't need to get out of your seat to change mags plus it is a LOT easier to wire up. You can also lock the glovebox for a wee bit of added security.

Happy fitting!

Chsmeleon. :D

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The thief and glove box had me thinking.ease of use is good though.I think it will be the boot.Where the first aid kit is its quite roomy,maybe...look when i get it thanks one and all. :) :)

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
i got my 12 discer hidden above my glove box in what is according to the haynes manual the oddments tray, no bloody good as an oddments tray if you ask me soon as you boot it it all falls out. anyway bit of fibreglassing later to make up a cover panel it's hidden and i still got a full size useable glovebox. n.b this won't work if you got an airbag in the passenger side as you don't wanna mess with that!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Vauxhalls actualy have standard I.S.O leads, its just that the ignition wire and the permant are the wrong way round to the erupean stand i.s.o which all head units have.
just wich the U.S would hurry and catch on

if u do want the proper lead Halfords will have one the part u need is a PC2-04-2 i think, its £10.99

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
My mate has a Cav Turbo and we hid the 6 disc changer in the oddments tray above the glove box and fitted a false front on it so no body knows it's there. Then we fitted the 12v JVC video in the glove box by cutting the back of the glove box away so everything fits. The glove box is still lockable and you would never know there is a 6 disc changer above it. Check the install out here http://communities.msn.co.uk/CavTurbo/cavalierphotos.msnw

Harvey

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.