Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Engine is throwing out 16 and 31 when tested.

31 = Engine RPM signal: Engine wasn't running so not too worried about that lmao

The tricky one is:

16 = Knock Sensor 1; No change in Voltage

Engine Fault Light only comes on when I'm coming into work early in the morning, about 10 mins into my journey. Car's normally doing around 50-60mph (it's almost EXACTLY the same piece of road it lights up on too!!). Anything to worry about, or can I just ignore it? :beer:

EDIT: Just to clarify, if I switch the engine off and back on the fault light clears, and doesn't seem to come back again. Car also seems to be running OK, although maybe slightly more hesitant when the light is on.

PS: Phat props to RedGTE16v for helping me find the diagnostic plug :D :beer:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping it would be something like that!! I'll have to have a look and see if I can find it. Is it easy enough to do, or should I remove the SFI box first?

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
um you dont have to but it may be eaiser to see it, its no the most acessable sesnor, might be better from undernearh, its a small round sensor that has a red plug going to it and is bolted to the back of the block by the ICV

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jamie_f said:
....and is bolted to the back of the block by the ICV

NOOOOOO!! lmao I remember trying to get to the s0dding ICV about 6 months ago!! A fun night awaits........ lmao

Cheers for the help though :beer:

·
Registered
935 Posts
code 31 always comes on (engine not running so no rpm signal) the knock sensors arnt has hard to get to as the icv. they only have one bolt holding them on as well! its just easier to get to if the cars on a lift or jacked right up in the air

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.