Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years bak wen i was goin thru a stupid mental part of my life i dun sum bad things and now ive got 10 convictions....yes ten!!!! i drove wiv no insurance like 4 times and dangerous driving and failin 2 stop and stupid stuff now does anyone think i will get insured?i bin on 19 months ban and that has ended now, ive got redo tests and do extended tests!! please dont put me down even more i no i was a stupid lil **** then and trust me i have definatly paid 4 it and now looks like i will b payin 4 a very long time! so anyone no if i could get insured it dont matter about prices i dont want 2 no them yet i no there gona b feckin high. plaese help???

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
you maybe able to get insured but your gonna get a bum raping unforunately

something like an 850 Mini is gonna be your only choice i reckon lol...

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
I have seen your request and rather than close it, i have edited others replies, or removed them.

The guy asked for sensible answers and people should give them, dont slate the guy, having been in the wrong myself over a driving incident I know how bad this feels.

Anyways - in my opinion do as odders said and try a 1.0 or 1.2 litre nova, maybe get a nova saloon this may be cheaper as not so desirable to theives as a normal modded nova.

I think your plan is right to get a small capacity car and then wait till you have some no claims etc and your insurance will eb cheaper but i think as you do you may need to wait 2-3 maybe 4 years before you get another high powered car.

Tom

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you u tom ive been slated 4 2 years of my life done probation done community srvice payed fines and stiill payin 4 it now!! i no this is my fault and no 1 elses but mine!!! neway got me theory on friday aswell so hope i pass that! cheers again tom

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
so 3 people said get small engined cars and i took the p-ss out of phil at hic.

can someone remind me where anyone slated imran ?

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
no problems

good luck for the theory, if you have driven before it shouldnt be too hard, keep your fingers crossed!!

as for the other convictions etc, i personally would put them in the past, and get on with the rest of your life, change what needs changing and get on with it whilst remembering not to slip back to your old ways,

tom

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep that is wat i am definatly doin no way am i drivin illegally agen 2 much risk!!! i love driving i used 2 have astra gtes so im gona go down but atleast i will b in a vauxhall! ill let u no if i pass my theory or not hopefully i do get that step done!

imran

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
best of luck with the theory test and a small engine nova saloon with cat 1 and maybe just 3rd party only to get costs down may be they way to start off

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mate 1500 will b a bonus 4 me!!! i have been doin qoutes over the net and they are tellin me 2800 and thats not even tellin them all of the convictions! how many convictions ur mate got and how serioud are they do u no? ps thats 4 a 1.0 nova

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
he did get alot that were dearer but he is in same boat wreckless driving ,failure to stop etc when company told him with the premium he would be paying on somthing bigger he might aswel insure a ferrari

·
Registered
619 Posts
there r special coarses that u can do when u've drink drove etc. cost about £90 but insurance goes down a bit.
they also tell u which companies will give u a good deal with the coarse

·
Registered
111 Posts
look in the back of car mags (i.e max power/redline etc etc) for adverts for insurance companys who cover drivers with criminal convictions, ring around as many insurance companys as u possibly can,yes its boring but it may save u a few hundred quid ;) :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts