Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Benn changing the gearbox on the y reg astra bertone 2.2 with the f23 gearbox. it has a cocentric slave style hydraulic clutch

I have put the car together 3 times now and cant seem to get the clutch operating(engine in and out 3 f***ing times). I connect the line to the clutch bleed the air out, Thereafter first pump i think i can hear it all operating inside the bell housing, all good, i then pump the clutch one or twice to check the feel, then there is a pop and oil strats dripping out between the engine and bell housing, When i go to remove the oil line the is a fair bit of pressure and oil sprays out.

I am wondering if the clutch oil line isnt allowing the clutch to disengage and perhaps pumps it up and up to its limit then blows oil through its seals,

What are your thoughts, am i bleeding it the wrong way? issues with the clutch pump near the pedal?

This jobs giving me serious agro! currently i have it apart again and reoved the pressure plate to check the clutch wear, all seems fine on that front

·
Registered
363 Posts
where the pipe goes onto the box is a small black rubber seal, they sometimes fall off and get wedged in the hole and cause the problem u described, worth a look at that

·
Registered
16 Posts
is it a brand new master slave in the box as had this once before on an old vectra put 2 gearboxes in as blew them to bits and then the master slave insode gearbox blew completely and had no clutch also seems it could be the main seal on it that has blown so maybe have to get a new one and refit inside box hope i help but thats whats my prob was before

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i replaced it, much better condition than the old one,

i think i may have a problem with the master cylinder or the dampening unit, i am going to put it all back together see if there is any difference with the vacume working etc. else i will see to getting a new master cylinder.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know, it;s very old thread, but I´ll try. I have the same problems on my Z16LET/M32 Astra H Caravan. I replaced the whole clutch set: duall mass flywhell, clutch plate and clutch cover (all new Sachs, the last two parts are Sachs Performance with bigger clamping force). Anyway, If I want to bleed the hydraulic system, it seems ok, the I press clutcg pedal, I hear pop/crack sound and hydraluic fluid starts dripping from box to the ground. Already 2 release bearings are gone (original Sachs and original FTE, total cost me already around 200GBP) and the clutch is still dead. It seams the system is overpressurized because release bearing in the box is traveling too far and exceed his max. safety travel. So is here some problem in the main clutch cylinder placed into firewall behind pedal ? Thanks a lot I am totally ruined now :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
Uhh maybe I know already. I found the black rubber seal from old clutch bearing inside the black bleeding box, see photo. Oh fu...k :/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts