Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would any of you guys know who would be able to make up a set of sideshafts to handle up
to 800bhp on a let lump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
942 Posts
and a peco
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the car is about to break into the 9s

Well visit this site and you guys can see the car www.speedandsound.co.za . it`s featured in the march issue . Nascar motorsport .there are 3 cars with this engine running in
the 10 s in S.A at the moment .
there`s also a corsa with a xe lump ,aspirated running 12.7 and still going lower

p.s while on the site check out the downloads with the VDS astra running a low 10 .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
Snatch said:
Well visit this site and you guys can see the car www.speedandsound.co.za . it`s featured in the march issue . Nascar motorsport .there are 3 cars with this engine running in
the 10 s in S.A at the moment .
there`s also a corsa with a xe lump ,aspirated running 12.7 and still going lower

p.s while on the site check out the downloads with the VDS astra running a low 10 .
i hope whoever proof-reads the text on your website doesn't also proof-read the magazine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sideshafts

Well whether you choose to believe me or not is entirley up to you.i`m here trying to get some help in sourcing really strong sideshafts .can anyone help ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,622 Posts
wtf are sideshafts? do you mean driveshafts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
...The latest FWD car to hit the ten-second bracket is an Opel, unfortunately for the Veedub fans out there. Nasen's Supie runs 10.2 @ 200km/h+



WOW!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,048 Posts
Snatch said:
Well visit this site and you guys can see the car www.speedandsound.co.za . it`s featured in the march issue . Nascar motorsport .there are 3 cars with this engine running in
the 10 s in S.A at the moment .
there`s also a corsa with a xe lump ,aspirated running 12.7 and still going lower

p.s while on the site check out the downloads with the VDS astra running a low 10 .
Sorry - don't think that magazine is sold over here ??

Quicky seeing as you have read the mag........Hows a FWD cope with 800bhp ??? Over here it's classed as a drag car if it's running slick tyres aswell (which I think alot of peeps abroad do...)

If your on about driveshafts - then speak to steveboyslim, he's the most likely person to know of any UK contacts ;)

I can believe it's making 800bhp - but it'll be SO highly strung it'll need rebuilding every few thousand miles :eek:

Any spec on the engine ?? what fuel is it running ??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,048 Posts
They like to run fancy fuels over there don't they lmao

Even a N/A drag day and all methanol/ethanol cars are invited ???

(Oh and they LOVE double clutching lmao)

Edit *** Is it me, or do they not really have any rules as to how a streetcar can run up the strip?? Seems that most these cars that are in the 10's and 9's are on slicks and running silly power due to the funny fuel ? - probably not half as quick once back on the normal road spec....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,284 Posts
artfulmatt said:
They like to run fancy fuels over there don't they lmao

Even a N/A drag day and all methanol/ethanol cars are invited ???

(Oh and they LOVE double clutching lmao)

Edit *** Is it me, or do they not really have any rules as to how a streetcar can run up the strip?? Seems that most these cars that are in the 10's and 9's are on slicks and running silly power due to the funny fuel ? - probably not half as quick once back on the normal road spec....
but there doing it, is all that counts :mad: if i could put in and use a fuel that gave me 11secs i would ! slicks are coming very soon anyway :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,160 Posts
Can't remeber who is was but a fairly new member on here posted a few pics of the shafts he had cnc'd from scratch as the mvaux items were crap. Do a search an see if anyhting comes up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,048 Posts
leesturbo said:
but there doing it, is all that counts :mad: if i could put in and use a fuel that gave me 11secs i would ! slicks are coming very soon anyway :p
In my books if it's illegal to run/use it on the road then its not right for the strip IF it's to be classed among other road going cars

ie:- slicks/wheelie bars etc......

I'd hazard a guess that u can use more or less use whatever fuel you want on the public road aslong as you've paid tax on it lmao
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
800bhp on a let lump lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao :doh: lmao

Do not believe everything you read.
On a serious note, shaft would not be the problem but the joints would be.

Steve
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top