Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Suggestions?
Ive tried Nitromors and it doesnt really do anything to it, Currently got the plug cover boiling away in some costic cleaner and its working but cant do the rocker cover that way
So any ideas?
Would a soft wire brust on a drill damage it?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
You sure you did the nitromors, the right way??? Its just i have done mine with the stuff alright, although was expecting a liquid that ate the paint off, other than a gel that slowly takes the stuff off, you just have to wait a long time and use wire wool...

I wouldnt use the wire on the drill if i was you, seems a bit harsh to use on ally...

Steve

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how did you use yours,
i blobbed it on, left it unti the paint started to blister then painted some more on then left it for about 15 mins then scraped/washed in costic it off

·
Registered
20,473 Posts
I used a wire drill bit on mine before i re-sprayed it.

Gets the paint off then wet n dry'd it before it got painted

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
More or less how you did it jason, left it for about 20 mins the second time then used wire wool to take off the gooey mess. Worked mint on mine tho.

Not sure about the rockerbox though, pretty sure its painted, try a little bit first, or you could always send it to metal finishers to strip (acid dipped).

Steve

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike007 said:
Why do you want to take the paint off in the first place?

Mike
my m8 wants me to strip it back to bare metal as he wants to get a griffen etched onto the cover.
That way if he gets this one back once its dont i get mine back off his car

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
I put mine in the shot blaster.

Baaaad Idea!!

the epoxy paint got roughened a bit, but largely stayed on!!

and the beads all got stock to the oily side!!

fortunately I was planning on removing the baffle plate and cleaning it all up anyway!!

ended up filler primering it and cutting it back, then spraying it.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well after a few phone calls ive found someone whos gonna get it all chemically dipped and stripped for me:D so should come back spotless:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts